Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has 234k on chassis and 30k on rebuilt JDM 03 ej205. Not sure if it's original tranny but I believe so. I've done a lot of research on these cars and haven't found a solution to my problem.

Anyway, whenever I put it into 1st or reverse the gear grinds even though I have the clutch pushed all the way down. Not all the time but most the time. Also, I practically have to come to a complete stop to downshift into first from a roll. Anyone know what the issue is and a solution? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds like worn out synchros for the grinding. As for the slowing way down to shift into 1st, that is pretty typical for our cars (I am assuming you have the 5-speed).

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
The good news is this is normal. The better news is there IS something you can do about it! Look up "Uncle Scotty's Cocktail" You can get all the ingredients from Grimmspeed or anywhere. Here's how to do it. Stick to the formula,no substitutes and don't believe the nay-sayers. I have used it for 15+years in my 03 WRX over 150,000 over desert and snow.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGpiDknccaE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts