Subaru WRX Forum banner

New Blouch Turbo- Dom 3.5 XT-R

8K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  brfatal 
#1 ·
Looks like they have a new turbo on their site:

Subaru WRX/STi Dominator 3.5XT-R Full Ball Bearing Turbocharger

It looks to be essentially a half way option for hte Dom 3 and Dom 4 XT-R's since it's 58 #/min.

Hopefully this means they're working on the 52 lb/min XT-R series I've been hoping for.

Come on Blouch, I need a Dom 2.75 XT-R @ 52 #/min!

#2 ·
The Dom 3 (non-XT-R) is 52 lb/min.

Tell you what, buy me this turbo and I'll give you my brand new old-style Dom 3 (compressor housing and internals have 5k miles, and it has a brand new 0 mile hotside. Hasn't been installed since being torn down and inspected by Blouch). :D

#4 ·
I wonder what lb/min my beta turbo is. Because I doubt I'm running a 3.5 XT-R right now. Because I still have TGVs and unless Chad changed my inlet coupler to a 3" and didn't tell me. (My Agency Power inlet can be either 3" or the 2.4") Now, I have to e-mail him and ask. ;)

#6 ·
I don't have the car in my posession right now. Its at Chad's. Nope, I have basically a newer version of the Dom 3.0 XT-R. Is what Chad said. If you want chris I might be able to ask him what lb/min this one is.

#11 ·
For optimal performance....its more of a prominant difference in a larger turbo that it will perform better with a ewg vs one that is iwg. Its more of a boost control issue from what my tuner says. That the EWG gets rid of spikes and makes the boost stable. He said its not as noticeable in the EVOs vs WRX/STIs. Probably a side effect from the boxer layout and exhaust pulses.

#12 ·
"strongly recommends" just screams red flag to me. I'd make them for ewg only then like the Ewg gt30's and 35's. Or at least sell them cheaper with no iwg and cast the turbine housing with no hole.

#13 ·
Well, there might be some one out there that refuses to conform. I'm still running TGVs because my tuner says it'll keep my car more dd friendly and its not that big of a deal that we should strip them off yesterday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.