Subaru WRX Forum banner

Subaru Accessport V3

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  boo-key 
#1 ·
New V3 access port. I used it once to load the stage 1 map on my 2013 WRX. It is still perfect and in great shape. I have had it for four months. All parts and pieces are there. Asking $500.00 OBO.

Call or text me if your interested. 571-288-8293

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Ok but that is very important info for the buyer as they would have to contact Cobb to have the AP relicensed for use. Once it is installed on a car it has to be uninstalled to be able to be used on another.

I am unaware if Cobb charges for this service.

#8 ·
This is exactly why I'll probably never buy one. I'd use it twice then I'd be stuck with an expensive/awesome paperweight. Maybe I'm just an old man that doesn't know any better but why are people getting this thing again? Near as I can tell it gives you a half assed tune based on what Cobb wants you to buy for your car. If your parts don't show up on the list you have to guess? Am I missing something?:confused:

#9 ·
You can change maps easily & on the fly, datalog, view up to 6 live monitors at a time, make adjustments to lc, ffs, & idle all without having to lug around a laptop. Also has other little features like a shift light, valet mode, economy mode, dyno, 0-60 and such. Your not necessarily stuck with what Cobb wants you to buy. Cobb actually gives you access to a free downloadable program called access tuner race in which you can change whatever you want to make a map for virtually any upgrade. Not to mention most good tuners are Cobb certified and can tune using an accessport.

I agree that they are expensive and there are much much cheaper tuning options out there but, for as easy as it makes things and added benefits it has, I'll pay a little extra for one. They are however getting too expensive! I think around 500 would be a more fair price.

#10 · (Edited)
How about full catless on 91 octane? And velocity stack airbox mod? What about all those nice free flowing Samco intercooler pipes? Can it tune for that?

I payed good money for a pro-tune from a tuner that is well known in the industry. I don't want to lose that tune. Can I go back to it if I eff something up?

Sooner or later I'm gonna' add a turbo, injector and intercooler upgrade but I have no way to get it to my tuner. Can this thing help with that? Is it cheaper than having it flat-bedded 4 hours to Chicago?

#11 ·
Your tuner can probably transfer the map from open source to ap so you would be able to reload it anytime. He can also make you a map to make it in to his shop for tuning weather your using an ap or open source. I'm not by any means saying one is better than the other. They both just have their pros and cons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.