Need Tune with after market intake and full Exhaust? - Subaru WRX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-23-2018, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Need Tune with after market intake and full Exhaust?

Hey All, New to the subaru club. I just picked up a 2013 WRX Hatchback last week with 22k miles on it. Im sure this is a pretty popular topic but I was having trouble finding a previous thread about so I figured I would just start a new one. The car already has an aftermarket intake (unsure of brand) and an Invidia Catback exhaust. It also came with an Invidia down pipe and Cobb Accessport (both never been installed). Ive heard that running a catback exhaust does not require a tune for the car to run fine with no long-term issues, but when you put the intake and downpipe on, you should get it tuned. Will my Accessport (not installed) work for the tuning? or should I take it dyno and get a custom tune programmed onto the AP? Just looking to do the safest thing with the mods to ensure the longevity of the car. Any help is much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-26-2018, 10:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
You can definitely use the Cobb AP to get the tuning done but if you use any parts outside the OTS map requirements its a gamble. If you want to not spend the money on a custom tune now I would either revert back to the stock intake or buy the Cobb SF intake which is compatible with the Stage 2 OTS tune they provide.

05 WRX Wagon - Just a shell now
05 Legacy GT Limited
18 WRX STi
post #3 of 6 Old 03-26-2018, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Awesome, Thanks! And the Cobb AP tune will work for tunning for the Downpipe right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-28-2018, 02:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
The OTS stage 2 map "requires" a catted downpipe. I personally ran a catless downpipe with no issues whatsoever. But it is high recommended to follow the guidelines. Anything other than what is outlined should really be protuned. Even when you follow the required parts some cars don't accept it. The OTS maps are generic and they aren't tailored to your specific car.

Visit the Cobb website and view the Maps. If you have any further questions it would be wise to find a local/well respected tuner and get advice from them. Every tuner has their own special way of doing things with certain parts. So generally pick a tuner and form a plan.

05 WRX Wagon - Just a shell now
05 Legacy GT Limited
18 WRX STi
post #5 of 6 Old 05-15-2018, 07:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cobb crushes
post #6 of 6 Old 04-13-2019, 07:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Really. . . . .