Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Me vs. 350 vs. WS6

3K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  9d2TSi 
#1 · (Edited)
Well the race is from a 45 MPH roll, up to about 110-120. Gonna be on a slight downhill slope, very slight. Weather will be between 20-40 degrees F. Both the 350 and WS6 are auto's. The WS6 is stock, and the 350 has a Nismo intake.

My car has:
Catless Turboback
Uppipe
Crank pulley
Inlet hose
Intake
AccessPORT with a ProTune that will give me about 230 at the wheels

Who do you think will win?

I think I'll take the 350 by a pretty wide margin, but I'm a little worried about the WS6. I know it can keep up, if not beat me. What do you guys think?

I'm thinking of starting off in second gear, shifting to third at about 6500 RPMs, then to 4th at 6000.

This is all hypothetical of course because I do not participate in unsactioned racing. I autocross and that is it, but I just want to know what your opinions are for shits n giggles.

See less See more
#2 ·
honestly.
350z, yea i can see you taking him.
the ws6 on the other hand, automatic or not, they fly from a roll. they dyno 300rwhp stock and have been seen up to 320rwhp bone stock. so there are some factory freaks. don't race him from a roll, he will/should walk you. those cars move after 3rd gear.

#4 ·
Sorry Matt. It'll be pretty easy for you to beat the Z, but the other car... Anyways, race the WS6 from a stop after the roll race, you know, for some redemption. :D

#5 ·
I have to say that the WS6 will probably walk you down the entire way. The LS1 is a VERY stout motor, and those cars excel on the top end. The 350 may also give you problems, I think that they go a 13.9 stock, and from a roll he will have an advantage over you. Insist on going from a stop :D

#6 ·
Topik said:
I have to say that the WS6 will probably walk you down the entire way. The LS1 is a VERY stout motor, and those cars excel on the top end. The 350 may also give you problems, I think that they go a 13.9 stock, and from a roll he will have an advantage over you. Insist on going from a stop :D
anywhere from 13.1 - 13.6 depending on driver.
i almost got one but i couldnt live with myselft if i did it.

#8 ·
My g/fs Ford F350 Turbo Deisel took a 350 to about 70 MPH then he was gone. There nothing! ROFL WS6 ahh....so so. from a roll its yours. now we talking 1/4mile time? or talkn a short run? You should be able to take him if not be close.

I raced a firebird with a 350 in it last night and walked his ass about 3 car lengths from a stop. I got the 2.5 with a turbo back system and no cats W/ a CoBB AP on the way :D

#9 · (Edited)
WRX_JUNKI said:
What is a WS6 and Z06? Been hearing about these 2 but really no idea what kind of cars these are.
The WS6 and Z06 are performance packages that GM offers. The WS6 comes on the Trans Am/Firebirds. The Z06 is the premium version of the new Corvette.

On a side note though, I would be more cautious with a Firehawk than just a WS6 Tans Am/Firebird. I've got a good friend with one and with just minimal mods I couldn't catch him unless there were curves involved.

#11 ·
ManicsWrX said:
My g/fs Ford F350 Turbo Deisel took a 350 to about 70 MPH then he was gone. There nothing! ROFL WS6 ahh....so so. from a roll its yours. now we talking 1/4mile time? or talkn a short run? You should be able to take him if not be close.

I raced a firebird with a 350 in it last night and walked his ass about 3 car lengths from a stop. I got the 2.5 with a turbo back system and no cats W/ a CoBB AP on the way :D

from a stop? you would only take him to third gear. so you only raced to 70? was it an
LT1 because i cannot see that happening to an LS1 (98+). not possible to have 3 cars on a trans am to third... unless the driver had one foot.

#12 ·
It was

02 WRX said:
from a stop? you would only take him to third gear. so you only raced to 70? was it an
LT1 because i cannot see that happening to an LS1 (98+). not possible to have 3 cars on a trans am to third... unless the driver had one foot.

It was about a 1992/93 Firebird with some weak graphics all around it. Looked like he wanted to be in the fast and furious. He claimed b4 the race it was a 350 in it. He spun the tires off a bit when he pulled out and it souded mean. But all that sound didnt get him to far I passed him in 2nd and nailed 3rd then tapped 4th barely. And put a good distance between us. i dont think it was an LS1. I think with my CObb Ap i can handle an LS1. The 06 is insane. TONS of power in these cars. Specially with a TBE and no cats. It can BREATH! :tease:

#13 ·
ManicsWrX said:
It was about a 1992/93 Firebird with some weak graphics all around it. Looked like he wanted to be in the fast and furious. He claimed b4 the race it was a 350 in it. He spun the tires off a bit when he pulled out and it souded mean. But all that sound didnt get him to far I passed him in 2nd and nailed 3rd then tapped 4th barely. And put a good distance between us. i dont think it was an LS1. I think with my CObb Ap i can handle an LS1. The 06 is insane. TONS of power in these cars. Specially with a TBE and no cats. It can BREATH! :tease:

oh that makes alot more sense. before the ls1, they were all turds.

06 wrx's are that quick now huh? what do they do stock 1/4? i haven't really looked at or been into them since i traded mine in.

#14 ·
A kid in texas ran a stock 06 in a 1/4 mile at 13.4 which is good. Check Naisoc for his time slip I ran a 13.7 in mine. But apparently hes a better driver! :mad: lol But now that I got mine modded Im going to think I can hit high 12's or 13 flats. Im not sure though. Havent been to track since I got these mods. but yea that dude in the firebird was shocked :eek:

#16 ·
really? so avg. driver is gonna run like 13.6's stock?

what did they do to make them quicker (dropped over a half second) besides switching to the 2.5? no point in gettin an sti anymore then huh if you can make wrx just as fast. all the sti has is the 6 speed. i thought the 06 wrx only had like 5 more hp??

#17 ·
Well you are right. No sense. But the 06 got a forester engine lol

Check on Naisoc for dyno sheets. They got allot of things diff I seen 238 from Subie and then seen on the dyno 248 dunno. Well other than 5 to 6 speed, and the small things. Like seats...Mine are leather !Thumbs Up lol I asked same ?ion to dealer. Thats why subie under rated the 06s so they can still sell Sti. There both 2.5l motors. With a turbo. Pssst SAME AS AN STI! ROFL Diff turbo and so on im sure. But a small mod can make big power

#18 ·
so they got about 265hp now... not so bad. prob still got mad lag from a roll but maybe in a couple years i'd get another. i'd like to have an 03/04 cobra and a new wrx for rain/snow. one day. if i could ever just pass statistics!

#19 ·
Not that I kno what Lagg is. But i cant say I feel any.

Ya I hear ya I plan on getting a new Cobra within about a yr or so.

I just got about all the things I want

2005 Rm125 2001 Raptor 660 "putting streetbike engine in it" 2006 Wrx and soon to be a Cobra !Thumbs Up

#25 ·
IBAUCLAPlaya said:
This question was asked in the hypothetical sense because I don't, never have, and never will street race. Just wondering what you think the results would be.
In that case, it would be okay, but let's not describe a street racing scene. Let's stick to 1/4 mile comparisons and use timeslips as the examples. This way there's no room for misunderstanding among the rest of the members.

#26 ·
I hate to be the killjoy on this whole thing, but this would now fall under the category of benchracing then and would still be not allowed. Sorry Chris, Matt, but if a regular member was to ask the ever famous "would my car beat this car?" there would probably be a problem with that.

Like I said though. I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, I'm just trying to put this in proper perspective and keep everything on a level playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.