Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Me vs Pontiac GTO

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Ludachris 
#1 ·
Hah.

I was just cruising down the highway at about 75 and I pass a sleek looking red GTO. I just thought to myself, "nice car". I pulled ahead on the right and noticed he was getting real close to me, I thought maybe he was just trying to watch TV (I had my rear tv;s on) I passed someone on the right and so did he. Then he passes me doing maybe 80 and pulls in front of me. So of course I had to play. I did about 85, then got in left lane and stay a half car length behind him. I dropped it into 4th and flew by him real fast (we were starting to go down a big downhill). I got about 5 car lengths in front of him and he started evening it out. Then I had to get on my offramp. If it would have been another 1/4 mile he probably wouldve eaten me up ROFL. I flashed my brakes and he flashed his headlights. Good Fun.

I couldve taken the next exit, it leads to my house too, but, I didnt wanna get raped. :rocks:

Ill just take my cheap win and leave :D

I know i know, its not a win. shut up, to me it is. !Thumbs Up

#2 ·
As long as you had fun and stayed out of trouble. I had one of those against a 2004 or 05 WRX on the freeway last week where I didnt feel like keeping it up for too long because he was pretty quick.

#7 ·
is the pontiac GTO our australian built car with your 6.0 ls1 motor, over here they have 297kw and we call them a Holden Monaro (actually the GTO is factory tuned by holden special vehicles) they do look nice but they run out of legs at 230km/h. from 100km/h it stayed with me till 230 then i slowly started to pull away till i got to 265km/h then i backed off he was in the slipstream though. but then again i have bout 270kw and only 1275kgs compared to his 1700kgs :sneaky:

#9 ·
i finally got to race one the other night. yellow 04 gto (it had the single exhaust tip so it wasnt the ls2 400hp) i thought it would have been a closer race. i passed him slowly on the highway so there were no cars ahead to give us room. so he hits it before we are side by side and comes up my door. i hit 3rd at about 65 and we stay even for about 2 seconds and i hit 4th and leave him baddddd.
had a couple races lately. destroyed a C4 vette 3 times, the kid wouldnt give up.
then yesterday on the way to school an older guy in a silver sti. i duno why he raced from 80 but he probably shoulda picked a different speed :) . i only dropped into 4th and i put a car on him then we slowed down. he gave the thumbs up after though. mean while i got reckless driving 2 weeks ago. but how can i pass up these races!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.