Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram SRT 10 vs 04 WRX

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Moe 
#1 ·
I had the oppertunity to race a SRT 10 last night. Lets just say it was fast. His truck was completely stock while my mods included TBE and CobbAP Stg 2. I had a bad luanch off the line but we were side by side through 3rd but since I had to take it easy shifting into 4th(bad sycnro) he put almost 2 car lengths on me. This was my first loss but I still feel pretty good for at least hanging within 2 car lengths.

#2 ·
ROFL

i read the title and started !Laugh!

good for you, i know a lot of guys who wouldent have raced at all. those trucks are A LOT of fun to drive. you can get the thing sideways at will, but then again, the viper is quite a bit funner, faster, and slows down like you read about.

good race

#11 ·
Are you kidding? The srt-10 is much faster than the lightning. There is a reason they call it the fastest production truck. Because it is.

Performance
Dodge Ram SRT-10/ Ford F-150 SVT Lightning
Zero-to-60-mph acceleration, sec. 5.4/ 5.8
Quarter-mile acceleration, sec. 13.8/ 14.2
Quarter-mile speed, mph 104.2/ 98.5
60-to-0-mph braking, feet 126.2/ 126.2
600-ft slalom, mph 60.2/ 59.1

Engine & Transmission
Dodge Ram SRT-10 /Ford F-150 SVT Lightning
Engine Type V10/ V8
Displacement, liters 8.3 /5.4
Horsepower (SAE) @ rpm 500@5600/ 380@4750
Max. Torque, lb-ft @ rpm 525@4200/ 450@3250
Transmission 6-Speed Manual/ 4-speed automatic
Observed Fuel Economy City/Hwy, mpg 10.4 /13
EPA Fuel Economy City/Hwy, mpg 9/15 /12/16

#12 ·
its not all its cracked up to be. its a freakin tank. which makes it slower than crap. bro its got 500 hP and it runs a 14 flat.(seen at the track) and the 80G price tag:eek: ive personally seen them both run at the track and the lighting romped on the srt10. more than half the price and runs pretty much the same time. and lighter. yeah i persoanlly go with the lighting. but then again that could just be the ford guy inside.

#13 ·
I have never seen either at the track in person so I wouldn't be able to say first hand, I was just going off of the factory numbers for each. I personally wouldn't buy either, but if I had to choose I think the srt-10 is a better looking truck.

#15 ·
Jave said:
If I owned the SRT-10 I would debadge it, take the wing off and put stock RAM 20s instead of 22s on it. Leave the hood but put a regular Ram front air dam on it. Be a bad ass sleeper.

^ all that money to do that and then get smoked by manics wrx lol ROFL

There is a Older..not sure year...2002? maybe. Lightining at the bottom of my road. Im going to try to get a race in a sactioned 1/4 area :rolleyes: and get it taped. I think I can take him !Laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.