Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two mean boxers going at it.

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Bullit 
#1 ·
Ok, back again with a new story. I'm in Virginia driving to school up route 1. :cool: Minding my own business trying to get there on time to do some extra work. I look in my rear view when I see a black Porsche Boxter driving like a maniac on two lanes to my right. I'm think to myself. "You really think that thing is fast...Try me." To my surprise I see him skip two lanes and jumped behind me. He looks at me through my rear view and starts smiling, and starts pointing at me and waving for me to go. Now at this point I know what he's thinking. He's thinking, "Ooh a young ricer that I can show what a real sports car is to." But I'm thinking. :nono: "Don't try me, C0ck. You might want to trade that b!tch in after this." He pulls up closer. I mean so close he looks like he's sitting in my back seat. The light turns green and I give it to him. :eek: I jumped like two cars in front of him and every gear I just pulled more and more and more. Then he throughs his four ways on. A big series of turns comes up by the Pentagon so I slowed it down. A few seconds later, he comes out of no where and jumps beside me. He kept trying to get me to go through the turns, and I was like, "Forget it slim, I'll get you on the next straight." The next straight came up, so I get flush with him and rev the engine so he can hear the RFL for intimidation purposes. He looks at me starts saying something. Next thing I know we go for it, and again, every gear, I just pull more and more and more until I said that enough. He get's next to me and starts ice grillin me. I'm like, :tease: "Don't be mad, It's not my fault you waisted 50 grand on that piece of sh!t when you could've got one of these for 20. Then he starts following me. I guess he wanted to go again. But as i got into Rosslyn, he bussed a U turn and went back the way we came. I hope I didn't hurt his feelings too bad, but I also hoped that he took that thing back and got the Carrera. Did I mention he had dealer tags on it too. I love it. :D

See less See more
#4 ·
My car is basically stock. I only have a Helix Cat-back, for sound. Piece of crap cold air intake that I got before I knew about how bad they were, and I got the RFL blow off valve. I'm going to finish the exhaust and get an accessport during the winter to get ready for next season at the track.

#5 ·
I know boxsters are low end porsches but I thought they still would be able to take our car (Stock) Arn't they somewhere around 250hp with the 2.7L and 280 with the 3.2L?
I havn't had such good luck with races like these. It makes me wonder if my car is making the power it is supposed to. I have been feeling like it's slower lately. I have only had it for a month so I'm not sure if I am just getting used to it or not. !Cry!

#6 ·
The boxter is the Porsche Civic. The Boxter S is the SI. Early model S' had 217 then 240 then 250 and now 280. But regardless 0-60 in 6.4 secs 1/4 mile in 14.4 for the new one. It's slower than us. They weren't built for speed. They were built for those who can't afford the more powerful models but want the status that comes with owning a car with the letters P.O.R.S.C.H.E. He had a base model, I'd say 2000. But he came with it like a Champ so I can't hate on him too hard. He was just wrong that day. And it' was a good temperature outside. When it's too hot I don't get the performance I would like. That may be what you're feeling.

#9 ·
insanity500 said:
Yeah, I get that same problem. My car seems to do better at night (Because of the cooler temps.) During the daytime when its warmer it feels more sluggish. Know of any way to get around that? (Specific mods)
Again, nice kill ;) He must have been like WTF :confused: :eek: !Cry!
There are a few mods you can do to get around the heat. Intercooler Spray kit, Oil cooler, Nitrous Intercooler Spray Kit or CO2 Intercooler Spray Kit.

The regular water IC spray kit is probably the most bang for the buck, as the refills are free. And a oil cooler with thermostat will keep your oil in the optimal operational temperature.

Blue

#11 ·
He beat him thats all that counts....

I have a similar story. and remember i am only perrin short-ram intake with a custom heatshield box. and a 2" custom catback.

It was an early saturday i was tired from the night before so i wasnt too happy, on my way to work. then at this red light this yellow boxster comes up next to me, this guy about 25 i guess, i am bad with ages, and some girl, he made a comment about my angled exhaust looking lame, so i said "too bad this lame angled exhaust car is faster then your boxster," at the same time laughing cause i like porsches and didnt wanna diss it too hard. and he made another comment to look good in front of this ugly ugly girl with him i guess he was trying to impress. he said "bullshit, no japanese car could ever beat a european sports car." i laughed as if he was joking but when the light turned green he booked it, i then took offense and took off as fast as i could while be unexpecting to the sudden race. once i was in 3rd gear around 5500rpms roughly, i started creeping on him and eventually came neck to neck, and passed him and turned into my work's parkinglot and he took a turn into the same golf course restaurant parkinglot i work at. and i ended up serving him inside..but i guess he got served inside the restaurant and on the street. hehe, he made a comment about hardly trying to race that its not his thing, and i told him sure sounded like you were trying to based on your engine screaming.
even with my sarcasm he tipped me 10 dollars on a 20 dollar tab so not too bad of a guy.. . but i dont feel too special as it wasnt even a boxster s. but whatever.. just thought the story fit the thread.

#14 ·
Well, we all know that racing down a curved road is more dangerous than racing in a straight line. I to would not have wanted to take a road race to a twisty portion of the road, unless both parties agreed that was where it was going, and it was a closed course. No sense ruining someone else’s day/life just because you want to make it a "real" race.

Blue

#16 ·
Nose Nuggets said:
and blue, you can drive fast on the street safly
No one said you couldn't... I simply stated that I wouldn't personally take a "road race" to a twisty portion of the road, unless both parties agreed that was were the race was going. If that isn't done, then you risk killing yourself, the other racer, or God forbid, an innocent.

Believe me, I know you can go fast on the streets. I routinely take my WRX to 130+ mph on a straightaway near work.

Blue

#18 ·
as we know..

in the turns your stock wrx with sh!t potenza's doesn't stand a chance against a boxter.... clean 'em out on the straight-aways i say. good for you....

he probably new he was up against trouble with you, but wanted to have some fun with it..... he wanted his chance to get some face back, in the turns... fact that you wouldn't have any of the turns with him is more than enough to suggest you knew he had your arse.......

nonetheless..... curves can get messy....... i firsthanded my rexy into a guardrail when it was stock and the pavement was a bit damp.... just tryin' to show up a civic who was rudely riding my rear.... boy did he have the last laugh !Cry!

anyways..... i'm much more cautious these days on twistys... despite that my rex now handles about 20 times better than when it was stock...... there's enough crap that can go wrong on the straightaways alone, let alone pushing the car to its limits in the corner....

pic your battles carefully, not foolishly. !Thumbs Up

#20 ·
Nose Nuggets said:
kill? you dident want any piece of him where it counts, the turns

anyone can go fast in a stright line.

sorry man, im gana have to say you kinda pussed out.

Look guy, before you go judging like that get your story straight. My tires are going balled, I was trying to school. I was in front of the freakin pentagon and cops hide on those turns, and I haven't taken turns since I broke my neck in a crash a year ago around a turn. **** my ass. Don't do it buddy.

#21 ·
He couldn't catch me, so I concider it a win. Now if he really wants a race, it's not hard to find me. Budds Creek, Midnight Madness. I try to keep it on the tracks. If you consider me looking out for my own well being and his by declining to take turns then I'll take the "****" label. Doens't matter. I'm alive, and walking. But remember, he stepped to me. I was chillin minding my own business, he got owned more than once and got mad. So, maybe if I see him again, I'll invite him to the strip, and we can settle it once and for all then I'll definitely let you know what happened. But for now, I'll put that one on our long list of Ws for the WRX crowd.

#22 ·

"i'll invite him to the strip"

then he'll counter your little offer with an invite to the road course......

anyways... if you gonna be going 90 or faster in your rexy... see about a little suspension/tire upgrade........ this is an easily overlooked area of the rexy because we're all always trying to stomp gobs of power out of the ride..... even on a straight away.... the unexpected can happen or jump out in front of you... premium handling is a must if want to drive fast and ensure any sort of ability to manuever quickly but safely at high speed.

i love that at 100mph i can rip the steering wheel around on my car and it just noses in and goes wherever i point it..... in the stock form i would not dream of moving the steering wheel the way i can now at highway speeds.... if you got any money to blow... look at the whiteline G4's for coilovers... awesome road going suspension with good track capability settings. very forgiving even on pot hole riddled roads..... which can't be said for a HUGE majority of the suspensions out there... sorry i'm rattling now... um gee, can you tell i just installed these a short while ago? :D sorry for ranting, i'm just loving how awesome the car moves around now. :cool:

i'm not different... all power first... was making 300 at the wheels before i got to brakes and suspension... DUMB... the car can get away from you REAL fast stock with that kind of capability...... even just some sway bars and endlinks can be a big helper for corner roll.... and not terribly expensive... but first and foremost you'll see a big help from better tires, rotors, brake pads. subaru brakes suck.... they are the weakest point on any subaru.... even consumer reports will confirm it for you...... of all the things subaru does well, brakes are not one of them (thus brembo got the nod when they needed a car with real braking ability from the factory).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.