Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat by a mazda 6??????

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  blur2u 
#1 ·
The other day a friend and I were driving around in my '05 WRX, and a Madza 6 pulls up to me at a red light and revs. I look and him and nod and when the light turns green we both get pretty decent launches. In first gear we start pretty even but after that he pulls ahead of me and by the time we get to about 75/80 he is at least a car length ahead of me. I had no missed shifts, and shifted around 6000-6500 rpm. It was pretty embarrassing for me. My car is stock, as I just got it about a month ago. His 6 looked stock as well, but I didn't get a chance to ask.
Should this happen?

#4 ·
Launched around 4500, didn't drop the clutch, but let it off smooth and quick. It was actually a decent launch for me. I was slightly ahead at launch (not neck and neck) but when I shifted to 2nd he started to pull ahead and by the time we got to higher speeds he was ahead by a car length or so !Cry!

#7 ·
No I'm saying if you weren't ahead at the end of first gear, you got a bad launch. He would start catching up maybe after 6000 in first, but a good AWD launch should kill the FWD 220 HP 192 TQ Mazda 6. If it was the Speed which I really think is impossible because I don't believe they are out yet, that is another story w/ 274 HP and 280 TQ w/ AWD.

I've driven a Mazda 6 s and every gear is slower than the WRX's, much less the launch. Maybe he had mods, but I guess you got a bad launch becasue you should definately be ahead of him if you really launched well.

#8 ·
Until I get my TC done I'm not doing any stoplight racing. but I just easily took out a Mazda 6 on a 90 mph roll-on last week. Don't think he was modded but he was stupid enough to entice me into smacking him around. No contest,

#9 ·
IBAUCLAPlaya said:
No I'm saying if you weren't ahead at the end of first gear, you got a bad launch. He would start catching up maybe after 6000 in first, but a good AWD launch should kill the FWD 220 HP 192 TQ Mazda 6. If it was the Speed which I really think is impossible because I don't believe they are out yet, that is another story w/ 274 HP and 280 TQ w/ AWD.

I've driven a Mazda 6 s and every gear is slower than the WRX's, much less the launch. Maybe he had mods, but I guess you got a bad launch becasue you should definately be ahead of him if you really launched well.

got ya

the mazda 6 speed is AWD?!?!

probably just moded.

#10 ·
I agree with everybody. I think you had a bad launch because If the mazda 6 got the power to the ground to take you like that, he should have been spinning tires for half a second. But hey it happens to everybody at least once. Just take it as a loss and keep going. If you see him again, you'll be ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.