Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Me vs. Stock 350

5K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  AteUrV8 
#1 ·
Well a kid at school wants to challange me to a race thats about a 1/4 mile. Has a tiny bend, buy basically straight. I have the TXS turboback and Cobb accessport. O yeah he has a 5-AT. Should I have any trouble taking him?

Edit: I really don't wanna launch that hard if I don't have to, like 4-5 k then slip, and I don't wanna go WOT either in second or third because I will be pushing 16.5 psi through the uppipe cat?

#3 ·
IBAUCLAPlaya said:
Well a kid at school wants to challange me to a race thats about a 1/4 mile. Has a tiny bend, buy basically straight. I have the TXS turboback and Cobb accessport. O yeah he has a 5-AT. Should I have any trouble taking him?

Edit: I really don't wanna launch that hard if I don't have to, like 4-5 k then slip, and I don't wanna go WOT either in second or third because I will be pushing 16.5 psi through the uppipe cat?
Running 16.5psi w/ a cat in the uppipe is just stupid.. Who cares who wins, just hope your motor makes it through the 13 seconds of hell ;)

#5 ·
are you racing for money, or for fun?

if its for fun, then dont beat the crap out of your car

i always slip launch my WRX, i tried dumping it a few times when at the track after driving through the burnout box(let my wheels spin a little, making the launch not so painful) but it still broke my heart doing it.

auto 350z hu? well, he doesnt have to be a good driver.

as for the up pipe, im sure the one race at 16.5psi wont cause any problems

#11 ·
Never raced. Kid pussied out the night I wanted too, and haven't talked to him since. Should bring him to an autocross this weekend though and really show him whos boss. I do have my uppipe though now and maybe sometime soon we will race on the highway. I will update if we race.

#18 ·
ok.....
mods to a wrx add alot of power
mods to a 350z add almost nothing
but to say that a stock wrx will hang with a 350z in the .... you just look like an ***hole
the 1/8 is more like it.
i'm from long island ny and no 350z runs a 14.8 at the track. and to use some horible driver in this thread as a comparision is pathetic. i own a 02 wrx a 03 350z and a 93 rx7
lets just say the wrx isn't winning any races here if it's not snowing

#24 ·
well as mods go i meant basic boltons do nothing for the 350z, i have about all of them and i've only seen a 22 hp(sae) difference with an ecu reflash. on the other hand i live near preformance motorsport www.preformancemotorsport.com and there z's are going to rape the entire import drag series this year. street tire car last year went a 8.33 (vid on website) and it has beed modded alot more since then. ten you have the pro car that (i think) is going to tear the street glow team to pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.