|By registering on WRXtuners, you agree to obey all of the following rules. Forum rules & guidelines are not up for debate. This is not a democracy, but rather a private forum. Anyone openly voicing their displeasure with the rules or how they're enforced will be removed. It is your responsibility to know the rules and to abide by them. We will not babysit people. Do not flame people for not following the rules - simply report the thread or the member in question. We will handle it. Read our 10 simple rules:
If you break these rules, a few things can happen. If the offense is severe, you'll be permanently banned without warning and will not have access to the forums at all. If the offense is minor, then you will likely be temporarily suspended. If this happens, you will be able to access the forums, but you won't be able to participate. You'll also see the title "Temporarily Suspended" below your username next to all of your previous posts in the forum.
- No personal attacks or insults. If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, take it offline. DO NOT respond with insulting comments that will further aggravate the situation. These kind of posts are to be reported immediately to a moderator. Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility puts YOU in jeopardy, and you risk account termination.
If you have a complaint against one of the Moderators or WRXpert, handle it via private email, not in the forums. Doing so may result in your membership being terminated without notice.
- No complaints, accusations or attacks on shops, other websites, or buyers/sellers in the Classifieds. We are not the WRX Better Business Bureau, nor do we have the resources to be the WRX Better Business Bureau. We have a strict policy against "shop bashing". This means, we don't allow complaints and accusations to be made toward shops who have displayed weak customer service "in your opinion". If you want to help others choose a good shop to take their car to, then list the shop you'd recommend in your member profile. This is the only feedback we'll allow here on our site. Negative feedback tends to attract fraudulent accusations, flamewars and rumors which can put undeserving shops out of business. Since we don't allow negative feedback, we'll also ask that you not hype up any shop either. Post your recommended shop in your profile and others will be able to quickly learn who the best shops and vendors are. We also recommend using a new resource which was created by a site member, called Vendors-Reviewed.com to help rate and review vendors.
Try to keep in mind folks, the reason this site was built in the first place was to help enthusiasts learn how to modify their cars themselves (as well as see which parts are available for WRXs). This site was never intended to be a research tool to find which shop has the best customer service. Though you may think that we "should" do certain things, that is only YOUR opinion. If you disagree with this policy, email us. Don't challenge it in the forums.
- No spam, group buy posts, vendor advertising, website advertising, or self promotion of any kind in the forums. See Vendor Rules. We do not allow our forums to be used for personal gain. This applies to public forum posts, private messages, and email. Posting a message in our forums or sending an unsolicited email or private message to our members in an effort to sell your product/service to them is against our anti-spam policy and will get you removed from our site. Don't do it.
- Use proper forum etiquette:
- Use good grammar, punctuation and spelling in your posts. No slang and/or abbreviated words.
- We do have a vulgarity filter - don't try to get around it by using different spellings of the vulgarity. If the word is not allowed, don't use it.
- Use descriptive thread titles. If it's not descriptive, it's not worth reading.
- No porn or posting of sexually or racially offensive content (or links).
- No bumping threads (replying to a topic for the sole purpose of moving it to the top of the forum).
- No useless replies in a thread that needs to be locked. Sayings like "In Before the Lock" can get you banned. If you see a thread that needs to be locked, report it, don't reply to it.
- When linking to images that are not hosted here on WRXtuners (like ImageStation for example), if they are larger than 800 pixels wide, please just post a link to it. Do not use the BB IMG code, use the BB URL code instead. If the moderators come across large images, they will likely replace them with the text links for faster page loads.
- When Asking Tech Questions:
- Be sure you've done research on the question before you ask. This site has been around a while now, and most of the basic questions and topics posted by newbies have already been covered here and in other WRX resources. Nobody here wants to answer the same questions over and over again. We've put together a list of links that should answer 95% of all WRX questions you might have in one of these areas:
WRX Frequently Answered Questions Forum
Tuning Guide & Upgrade Paths
- Post in the correct forum.
- Use descriptive thread titles. If it's not descriptive, many will not click on it.
- Give as much info as possible about your situation so that others will be able to answer your question.
- No "bench racing". Bench racing is defined as posting hypothetical questions to try and see how fast or how powerful your car is, or will be. If you want to know what time to expect at the track, whether or not your car can beat another specified car, or how much power it will have with a particular modification (or mod list), then go to the track or the dyno and find out for sure. Do not ask for people to guess in our forums. It's pointless and it wastes space. Serious enthusiasts go out and do it, they don't talk about doing it. If you're not serious about performance, find another online community to be apart of.
- When Answering Questions:
- No "Use the Search" replies - answer the question, link to the answer, or don't reply at all. We don't need your help enforcing our rules.
- No Guessing - if you don't know the answer for sure, don't reply - don't spread misinformation. If your reply contains phrases like "I think", or "I've heard", or "everyone else does it", or "my brother's uncle's friend did it and had no problems" - it is not useful. Only post a reply if YOU know the answer from YOUR own first-hand experience. Instead of replying with a guess, post a link to a thread where the answer can be found, or the same discussion already took place.
- Explain your answer in detail. If someone is asking about which clutch is best for their application, don't just say "ACT 2600". Explain to them why you think the ACT 2600 is the best for their application. If you don't know why, then you probably aren't experienced enough to be answering their question in the first place.
- No getting off-topic - if you're not replying to the thread starter's question, take it to PMs/email or start a new thread.
- Topics to keep out of our forums include: Politics, war, religion, porn, racism, drugs, illegal activities, shop bashing, site bashing, customer service complaints, buyer/seller complaints, bench racing, hot chick threads, etc... basically anything that might be seen as inappropriate in a public forum, not safe to view in the work place, or something we just don't allow.
- No "post whoring", or useless conversations that can easily take place in a chat room instead. Do not post for the sake of posting or getting attention for something. This is not a chat room. This is a WRX performance website. Keep your off-topic discussions to a minimum.
- One account per person. If you register multiple accounts, you may be removed. If your account is suspended, and you register a new account, we will automatically suspend that account and may even consider looking into taking legal action.
- Treat this place like your own home and treat other members like family - or better. Respect is only earned from being respectful. Use common sense, act mature, and don't take anything personal. We're all here for the cars. Remember that.
In some rare cases we'll send out warnings for those who break the rules. However, with the shear size of our membership, we simply can't warn each person. It is your responsibility to know and abide by the rules.