Window tint and a good shop - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-09-2007, 07:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

08wrx is an unknown
Window tint and a good shop

Hey I just got a 08 wrx and wanted to find a good shop in the southern NH area or boston area. Also i traded in a 06 impreza and i had nice dark window tint. Does anyone know of a place this will put darker than legal tint on and on all the windows?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-10-2007, 11:26 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
drive to Seattle and I'll do it for you! !Laugh!
Once you find a shop that you want to do it, break out the cash and say, I dont want a warranty i want that shit dark. 9 times out of 10 the tinter will do it. I tinted for over 10 years and 25% of our jobs were darker that legal. the tinter will do the job , because if he dosent the next shop will.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#3 Old 11-11-2007, 12:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

shadowrex is an unknown
Talking what's the $$'s?

I just got an 08 4door WRX and want to tint the windows. What does a typical window tint job cost? Other than the amount of shade, what other options are available, such as different colors. Any thoughts, comments and experience would be appreciated.
#4 Old 11-11-2007, 12:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

shadowrex is an unknown
Talking what's the $$'s?

I just got an 08 4door WRX and want to tint the windows. What does a typical window tint job cost? Other than the amount of shade, what other options are available, such as different colors. Any thoughts, comments and experience would be appreciated.
#5 Old 11-11-2007, 11:14 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
It varies from city to city. When I tinted in Colorado Springs we would charge around 125 for a 4 door sedan. In Seattle , I can get 300, but the average here around here is 220. Just make sure the shop you take it too uses good film like Madico, Johnsons, or 3m is Ok. There are inferior brands like sunteck, solargard, and sungard that will get the job done but wont last very long.
Ask them alot of questions like , Do you do "Shaved edged ?" Which means do you run the tint to the very top of the window so there is no lightgap. Or, is there a lifetime warranty? Or , Is the tint mealtized , extruded dyed, or just dyed. Because just Dyed film will last a maximum of 3 years before it starts to turn purple and bubble. metallized and etruded dyed films are really the only tint I would get on my car, they last a long time.
I tinted for 10 years and the best film I ever used is Madico Onyx, or their Charcool line is good as well. It's very clear and looks good. I have the Onyx 20% on my car and love it.
Attached Images

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#6 Old 12-01-2010, 01:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Colby1321 is an unknown
i did mine myslef and it cam ou nasty. buy precut kits form rvinyl.com. to do the back window, just take the rear deck out
#7 Old 12-02-2010, 10:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
^ I can't tell - is that a good nasty or a bad nasty? I've seen plenty of d.i.y. tint kits turn bubbley or purple over time. Even if it did turn out nice for you, I'd probably still recommend leaving that one to the professionals.

John
07 WRX
#8 Old 12-02-2010, 07:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Colby1321 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
^ I can't tell - is that a good nasty or a bad nasty? I've seen plenty of d.i.y. tint kits turn bubbley or purple over time. Even if it did turn out nice for you, I'd probably still recommend leaving that one to the professionals.
it came out good nasty, no bubbles or anything. I mean its not so easy that you can do it in like 5 mins but if you take your time it can come out great, for a fraction of the price of having someone do it for you. It all about if you feel like you have the skill to do it, but take your time and it does come out nice
#9 Old 12-04-2010, 09:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Cool man, good to know. Personally, I'd be upset if I did it myself and saw one bubble or scratch which is why I'd let a shop hande it since they usually warranty their work for a period of time and guarantee perfection

John
07 WRX
#10 Old 12-04-2010, 11:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

Colby1321 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
Cool man, good to know. Personally, I'd be upset if I did it myself and saw one bubble or scratch which is why I'd let a shop hande it since they usually warranty their work for a period of time and guarantee perfection
yea im the same way. the site said that the film is scratch resistant and i havent noticed one on my windows. guarenteed not to turn purple as well!
#11 Old 04-07-2011, 03:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

suci is an unknown
Good tint shops prosper despite local competition by offering good service at reasonable prices. We suggest that you find a tint shop that has been in business for 5 or more years at the same location. This shows a stable business that will be there years down the road if somehow the tint goes bad.Often times, successful tint shops open car tinting branches in neighboring cities. Although the installers of the branches may not be the master tinter of the bunch, since opening new shops means training new employees; however, branches are a sure sign of a successful tinting business.

[url=http://www.scottishwindowtinting.com/]window tinting denver[/url]