Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   New England WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f99/)
-   -   Mods on 07 WRX limited (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f99/mods-07-wrx-limited-15805/)

sdot 12-19-2006 11:50 AM

Mods on 07 WRX limited

I just bought a 07 WRX limited. I have been waiting 5 years to buy the car and already in love with it. I'm already looking to bump up the horsepower and tighten up the suspension. Is there any shops in the Boston area you would recommend doing the work? Also I am looking ot do a new paint scheme and looking for a good paint shop too.

Speedogomer 12-19-2006 02:09 PM

You'll spend alot of money painting a new car that already has a new coat of paint... I wouldn't mess with the color any.

If you're looking to bump some horsepower, you don't need a tuning shop right away, just grab a Turboback, and an AP, and boom it's a different car. Then go find a tuner and get a professional tune. Add some sway bars front and rear and see how you like it.

TBE+AP+protune+Sway bars=whole new WRX.

Oh yeah, congrats on the purchase.

danjc18 12-26-2006 08:12 AM

Do what speedogomer said and maybe even throw in a short shifter.

WRXKidid775 12-26-2006 06:07 PM

combine both of the those posts but also add shifter bushings and endlinks and you will be riding in style

MyBoyBlue 03-23-2007 12:23 AM

sdot we should cruise sometime, I'm in the downtown Boston area. After doing a little research you'll find almost the same replies for boosting HP on the WRX.

Turbo back exhaust
Cobb AccessPort
and then if you want more get a pro. tune.

No No's:
Do not Get a manual boost or BOOM!!!
Up-pipes on the 06+ are pretty good so not really worth the money until later
Injectors are from what I've heard the same (flow) as the STi.
Stock air intake can handle 300+ hp
Blow off valve isn't needed but we all love that sound

This is what I've found from reading through the boards. Others might be able to input some more.

Grey07WRX 06-09-2007 12:06 PM

im in the same boat just bought a 07 WRX TR..... looking to improve but dont wanna kill the warranty at the same time. i pick her up this monday! so cant wait...

07EJ25Ltd 12-30-2007 08:22 PM

I too just picked up an 07 wrd ltd. and want to tune it up a bit but at the same time dont wanna void major warranties. Is this pointless to try?

07subie 12-30-2007 09:05 PM

Tell You The Truth A Major Warranty Job Like Tranny Or Engine Will Never Be Covered. They Always Find Some Way To Screw You Over. Small Things Will Be Covered. Well That What I Have Found Out. I Have 07 Wrx . Just Did The Basics And If It Ever Comes Down For Warranty Work Ill Try To Get It Covered If Not Pull The Cash Out Of Some Where!

rsy8806 01-09-2008 06:00 AM

[QUOTE=MyBoyBlue;143625]sdot we should cruise sometime, I'm in the downtown Boston area. After doing a little research you'll find almost the same replies for boosting HP on the WRX.

Turbo back exhaust
Cobb AccessPort
and then if you want more get a pro. tune.

No No's:
Do not Get a manual boost or BOOM!!!
Up-pipes on the 06+ are pretty good so not really worth the money until later
Injectors are from what I've heard the same (flow) as the STi.
Stock air intake can handle 300+ hp
Blow off valve isn't needed but we all love that sound

This is what I've found from reading through the boards. Others might be able to input some more.[/QUOTE]

If you can find a good tuner in your area, i know that if you wanna upgrade and get a good amout of HP in the process without spending a fortune. Find yourself a VF39 (Dealerships dont look at the upgraded turbo unless there is something wrong with it.) a bigger TMIC(Top Mount Intercooler) a TBE and a protune and you would be running
285whp 300 wtq.. Im up in washington so there are some really good tuners up here. Not sure about your area though.. But just a thought. The Cobb AP is good if you wanna run your own maps, and good for switching between high boost or just driving around town, but come on who doesnt like boost.. Have fun and good luck..

96accord 01-09-2008 01:12 PM

I have a '07 WRB WRX Limited with TBE + Sways (no protune) = awesome! :D

I have an ERZ DP but swapping it out for Perrin.