Subaru WRX Forum banner

CT Emissions Question

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  WRXforME 
#1 ·
I'm looking into getting an UP/DP soon and I was wondering has anyone in CT with these mods have trouble passing emissions? I'd rather go catless all the way on my 2.0L, but I have ruled out a high flow catted DP. Just curious if these cars can pass emissions legally with no cats? TIA.

#6 ·
Thats good to know I have an 03 RSX S and this year will be the first time I have to go back to stock on exhaust system for emissions in CT. I've been in VA but I keep my CT plates. However even withcatless I have seen people pass by switching their tunes.

#9 ·
Ive heard different stories, I think it goes by which shop you go to. My closest shop wouldnt let my gf pass with a check engine light. Automatic fail.

I just today got my emissions testing papers... I have 2 months to get it done. I am catless, I will go soon and see if I pass (I heard they dont use the sniffer). If I pass Ill let everyone know. If not, I have my stock exhaust in the garage. My Accessport shuts off the CEL so it wont register if they pop in the OBDII port (Which im 99% sure they do)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.