Calling all WRX and STI owners close to or in Pittsburgh PA.. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 11-21-2005, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Calling all WRX and STI owners close to or in Pittsburgh PA..

Hey guys, I was not sure where to put this, but I am looking for WRX or STI owners close to or in Pittsburgh PA.. I would like to get together for an event that runs next summer called "Flash Light Drags".. Every year the Zelienople Airport closed down once a month and allows flash light drags on the run way.. It's only a 1/8 mile, but it's a "Run what you brung" set up.. Heads up foot to the floor type drags.. There are a lot of Muscle cars there that need a spanking and I would like to show up in force this year to put some people in their place and to really show the potential of the WRX and STIs.. Currently there were only 3 STIs that regulated the races and 5 WRXs.. If you’re interested in helping me put the screws to some die hard Cubic Inches only guys let me know.. Last season the fees were 25 to race and 5 to spectate. The turn out has grown dramatically in the past couple years and it's definitely worth checking out once if nothing more.. Also I am always looking for info on races that are with in an hour or two from me.

Here is a link to the sight if you want to check it out..

http://www.alteredgas.com/flashlight_drags.html

Here I am lining up getting ready to beat this WRX Wagon.. http://www.alteredgas.com/pics/displ...bum=20&pos=117

Here I am again, this time I lost to a SC Stang.. This will NOT happen now.. http://www.alteredgas.com/pics/displ...bum=20&pos=103

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 11-21-2005, 08:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

iwantone is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to iwantone
hey man. i plan on having a 06 wrx by then and if i do i will be up for it. that sounds like good fun. and if nothing else i could bring my truck and be part of the big cubic inch enemy...haha but i'll be up for it if i have a suby by then.
post #3 of 18 Old 11-21-2005, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

bring the Truck, we can have ourselves a "grudge match".. I can't wait to see how the WRX runs now..

post #4 of 18 Old 11-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Moe
WRXtuners Member

Moe is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Moe
When in the summer is it cause if I get this job soon im gonna get a 2002/2003 Subaru WRX I decided to go with the manual but im gonna get it sometime in August or when I think I have enuff money for a downpayment on one then ill get it sooner but let me kno and what airport it's at that be cool if we all meet somewhere and all show up at the same time you kno what I mean...But let me kno..I live in pittsburgh.And hopefully I will have the WRX
post #5 of 18 Old 11-21-2005, 09:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

iwantone is an unknown
that'll be neat. yea i might bring my truck if i have it done....i should have it done by then. yea we could have a grudge match. my big motor big torque and ## little motor big power..haha just kiding
post #6 of 18 Old 11-21-2005, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

Exclamation

The races are not until summer of 06.. I just wanted to get the word out so we all can prepare and save up for mods should the need be there.. I am all for meet up and rolling in together, I live seriously 10 minutes from the airport and have a large parking lot like a minute from my place that we can all meet up at and get organized..

For directions check out this link: http://www.alteredgas.com/flashlight_drags.html#where

For Rules go here: http://www.alteredgas.com/flashlight_drags.html#what

They don't have the schedule out for 06 yet, but I am on their mailing list so I will post it as soon as i get it.. In the past they started them in April or May each year.. ALL are welcome so please let me know if you are interested in being kept up to date...

Man I can't wait, I am seriously all excited already..

And I'll put my little motor up against that big motor any day, win or lose I am honestly interested in seeing the outcome.. I will race anyone once.. lol..

post #7 of 18 Old 11-21-2005, 09:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

iwantone is an unknown
yea id like to see what that 383 will do. but if i get a wrx i will wanna see what that does too....and i would like to roll with everyone else in suby's ### that would rock. we could rock the airport. haha
post #8 of 18 Old 11-21-2005, 11:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

imbeterthanu is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to imbeterthanu
hemm, i just might have to take a vacation in the summer.
post #9 of 18 Old 11-22-2005, 12:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

KritiKaL is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to KritiKaL
what up shoaf,

I live about 45 mins from the burgh in greensburg, if i'm around next summer i'll deff check you out....i should have some pretty good mods on my rex by then
post #10 of 18 Old 11-22-2005, 12:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_JUNKI is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRX_JUNKI
Not sure but I think this belongs in the regional section.
post #11 of 18 Old 11-22-2005, 07:06 AM
Moe
WRXtuners Member

Moe is an unknown
We should all meet somewhere before the races at the airport like we should meet maybe 10 min away from the airport or by the airport and all roll in there together that would be so OWNAGE! Hopefully I will have my wrx by then!
post #12 of 18 Old 11-22-2005, 11:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

insanity500 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to insanity500
Moe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Shoaf
The races are not until summer of 06.. I just wanted to get the word out so we all can prepare and save up for mods should the need be there.. I am all for meet up and rolling in together, I live seriously 10 minutes from the airport and have a large parking lot like a minute from my place that we can all meet up at and get organized..
Anyways, I live hours from there (Maryland), but I might be up for a road trip

-Chris
post #13 of 18 Old 11-22-2005, 12:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

Slowboy is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Slowboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Shoaf
Hey guys, I was not sure where to put this, but I am looking for WRX or STI owners close to or in Pittsburgh PA.. I would like to get together for an event that runs next summer called "Flash Light Drags".. Every year the Zelienople Airport closed down once a month and allows flash light drags on the run way.. It's only a 1/8 mile, but it's a "Run what you brung" set up.. Heads up foot to the floor type drags.. There are a lot of Muscle cars there that need a spanking and I would like to show up in force this year to put some people in their place and to really show the potential of the WRX and STIs.. Currently there were only 3 STIs that regulated the races and 5 WRXs.. If you’re interested in helping me put the screws to some die hard Cubic Inches only guys let me know.. Last season the fees were 25 to race and 5 to spectate. The turn out has grown dramatically in the past couple years and it's definitely worth checking out once if nothing more.. Also I am always looking for info on races that are with in an hour or two from me.

Here is a link to the sight if you want to check it out..

http://www.alteredgas.com/flashlight_drags.html

Here I am lining up getting ready to beat this WRX Wagon.. http://www.alteredgas.com/pics/displ...bum=20&pos=117

Here I am again, this time I lost to a SC Stang.. This will NOT happen now.. http://www.alteredgas.com/pics/displ...bum=20&pos=103
Indiana Pa here!

I went to the flashlight drags once last year, had a good time.

Mike Huml
post #14 of 18 Old 11-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
I live in Morgantown, ~ 90 minutes from Pittsburgh. I'd consider going as long as I don't have to work thru an internship this summer. People that want to go from longer distances can pitstop and crash at my place if they want. We're all family here

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
post #15 of 18 Old 11-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Moe
WRXtuners Member

Moe is an unknown
Yea lets all roll down there together we get to meet people from these forums and all hangout then go down to the races could you amagine 50 wrx's rolling in the airport lol and STI'S NICE... It would be fun to!