1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2015SubiWRX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-26-2016, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

2015SubiWRX is an unknown
New WRX owner

Hi guys,

I own a 2015 WRX and I'm loving every bit of it. So far, I haven't done anything to the car yet. I'm looking for a well known / reliable performance shop around my area. I'm currently living around Covina, but I don't mind driving to the L.A. area or within 30 miles from where I'm at. Thank you...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-26-2016, 08:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Welcome to our forums.

As far as modding you rnew car I suggest having a read here first : What To Do First

As far as tuning shops that are local my favorite has to be Yimi Sport up in Santa Clarita. I know its a bit of a drive from Covina but they have a solid record and the owner Paul is a good guy. His team are interested in building the car you want not just selling you parts. Ive been using them for major maintenance on my car for the last 3 years.

Oh and if your ever up in that neck of the woods give me a shout out an maybe we can take a nice canyon drive up in the angeles forest.

- Jason
Slow is Smooth > Smooth is Fast
post #3 of 6 Old 01-26-2016, 11:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

stemp661 is an unknown
Garage
Hey brother,

Welcome to the Forum! First off I own the 2016 model. So in turn, I am very happy to see other people like the MY15 as much as me. Arctic created that build path because he watched me roll a car 5 times because i use to think HP! HP! HP! We have a great suspension set up out of the factory but dont be afraid to stiffen things up. Also our model runs hot so pay attention to oil temps.

In regards to shops Yimi is gonna be the best and closest to you. IF you wanna go for a drive go down to Crawford and see what they can do for you or COBB down in San Diego. Feel free to contact either Arctic or myself. as we both live up that way and hit the canyon often

Dont forget to waive !

HEY, HEEEEY I AM WAIVING!!!!! WAIVE BACK!

post #4 of 6 Old 01-28-2016, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

2015SubiWRX is an unknown
Talking

Thank you guys. Tbh, I have no idea what I want. Perhaps a little boost here and there, and possibly just to lower my car for the look? I'm so new to the modding community. Perhaps I'll stop by Yimi one of these days to get some suggestion.
stemp661 likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-31-2016, 08:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Welcome! I suppose that I am the other owner here that regularly calls upon the services of Yimi Sport, and they will not steer you wrong for sure. Other options may exist in Orange County if you are so inclined. However, I have no personal experience in that area, just second hand info and stuff I've viewed on the internet (NAISOC, etc.).

Matt
Stroked and stoked!
post #6 of 6 Old 02-01-2016, 09:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
If you plan on showing the car and you dont mind sacrificing the performance for lowered looks then go for it, If you are looking for a performance boost I would start by stiffening up the suspension you have. It will handle better and in my personal opinion a WRX looks best when its performing its best.

- Jason
Slow is Smooth > Smooth is Fast