Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   SoCal WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f98/)
-   -   Just bought a 06 STI!!! (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f98/just-bought-06-sti-22958/)

cmdinh 04-11-2008 10:39 PM

Just bought a 06 STI!!!

Hey whats up guys... let me know introduce myself...

My name is calvin and I just bought a 06 STI today... i will post pics asap! I just wanted to say how much I love the car! I saw it today and fell in love instantly and bought it! Asking price was $27500... i was able to get it for $25500... good deal or what? it has 16000 miles on it!

I have a question though... the guy just paid off his car loan for the sti... so he said it will take a few weeks before he gets the title in the mail, or he can just put the title under my name or something... so is that legit? Is it ok to just pay him the money first file all the paperwork with the DMV and wait for the title to show up later???

baller_v24 04-11-2008 11:07 PM

awesome man sounds like the deal i got. mine was 27500 also and i could only talk down to 26300 at the dealership. mine had 12000 miles on it. well i hope u atleast signed a "bill of sale" and got it notarized. i sure hope he's trustworthy. i wouldn't have done it unless he had title on hand or personally talked with his lien holder. did u do a carfax on it?

either way 06 sti FTW!!!!

cmdinh 04-11-2008 11:42 PM

thanks! i don't think ill be able to sleep tonite! lol

did u get it for $26300 out the door???

How much fees am i looking at at the DMV to offically make this car mine??

Yea we did a carfax, everything checked out....

baller_v24 04-13-2008 12:16 AM

well with taxes and everything i paid 27500 to include tt&l. that's NC taxes. i paid cash so none of that financing rip off crap.

you didn't tell say if you signed a "bill of sale"?

cmdinh 04-14-2008 12:47 AM

havent signed the bill of sale yet, so far its a verbal agreement, i am meeting with him tomorrow to sign the Bill of Sale... and to exchange the car for money... and release the title in my name, but i won't get title for a week or so... can i still register with the DMV with only the bill of sale? or do I still have to wait for the title first... also can i insure the car and drive it before the title comes??

baller_v24 04-14-2008 09:46 PM

just make sure u get the bill of sale notarized. it is ok to get insurance. ask if you can give half now and the other half after the title comes in. u have to have to title to register it along with the bill of sale.

cmdinh 04-14-2008 10:03 PM

i am unfamiliar with the notarize process... what is the point of getting the bill of sale notarized?

Erlend 04-15-2008 01:08 AM

The point of getting it notarized is so you have an added level of security. The noraty checks all the needed paperwork to provide you with a guarantee that he is who he says he is. That way, IF anything were to go wrong, the notary would be in your corner. Thus aleviating any he said/ she said situations.

Super grats on the car!! :)

baller_v24 04-15-2008 10:04 PM

you can do it at your bank for free. ask about it. sign the paperwork at the bank and that way if he's fake you have more legal rights to win in court to make sure it's all legit because he is not giving u the title upfront.

the best part it's free at yours or his bank.

laruffa 12-07-2008 06:23 PM

Did you get all the correct forms from the dmv...like the transfer of liability bill of sale etc...

Also taxes are going to be a bitch on that car

around 1800-1900 bucks plus registration

06rexlimited 12-08-2008 11:07 AM

Hey, I know im my state of massachusttes with out a title you cannot register a motor vehicle or get insurance on it. the problem behind it is the title is the proof of the car being yours and if he has a lein on the car that means its not his name on the title its the leinholders make and they have to sign it over to him then to you but registering it after you get a title back shouldnt be a problem at all i dont know how good youll do with out it tho
~reX

AlwysInBoost 12-09-2008 12:16 PM

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the fam! :rocks: