Subaru WRX Forum banner

Has anyone heard of Paul Ludgate at RallySportEngineering?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  sleepr 
#1 ·
So I am looking for someone/where to take my car to so that I can start the long process of meeting my goals for it.

Anyways, I have been looking around and this guy seems like he has been in this industry for a long time and a well known figure in rally racing. I am just curious if anyone has heard anything about this guy and if anyone has first hand experience with this guy's work.

From the little I talked to him he seems fairly knowledgable, but really has his mind set on what he thinks he should do to you car based on your goals. He also will only install parts that he purchases, which is ok I guess.

Any help would be awesome, thanks!

#2 ·
I have never used his shop, because I live in the Valley (north of LA).

However, Paul Ludwig is well known and trusted in the Subaru community. He has the experience to know what works and what doesn't. He built the well-known Forrester Sports concept in 2005. His experience in rally racing is quite extensive. You could do a lot worse...

#3 ·
Ok that's good to know, because I am choosing between him and Yimi Sports up in the valley. But after I told both of them my overall goal they definitely have different ideas about how to go about it and what parts to use. I'll have to do more research.

#4 ·
Actually, I have gone to Yimi Sport Tuning ever since a bought my car. I can tell you with confidence that they also know exactly what they are doing, and you would not be disappointed with their work either. A lot of their experience is in building and prepping for time attack events on tarmac.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.