Girl/car/help? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 01-28-2009, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ladyWRX is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to ladyWRX
Girl/car/help?

Hey Guys, Just Need Some Help..... I'm New To This Forums And I Have A 02 Wrx, Do You Know Where I Could Go To Ask Some Questions About My Car & And What Forums I Could Go To And Meets?..thank :d...u

LADY SUBBIE

Last edited by mosc; 01-28-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: removed fonts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-28-2009, 06:57 AM
Premium Member

boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Hey welcome!! What kind of questions ya got? As far as meets you should be able to find a forum for your area.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #3 of 18 Old 01-28-2009, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ladyWRX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo-key bear View Post
Hey welcome!! What kind of questions ya got? As far as meets you should be able to find a forum for your area.
Good morning,I DIDN'T THINK ANY ONE WILL REPLY...... like I said I got a wrx 02, but for the last 2 weeks. I have some white smoke coming out of my car and I also have a mis fired. I took the car to some guy "MECHANIC" lol..he said I had a cracked head...so I am hoping to find some out here in south cali, To help me out...SO WHAT SOULD I DO?............OH YEAH THANKS YOU FOR THE REPLY

LADY SUBBIE
post #4 of 18 Old 01-28-2009, 11:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well, if you want to make sure his diagnosis is correct, take it to another mechanic and get their opinion without telling them what the first's was. But the symptoms sound like they match the diagnosis...unfortunately, sorry. If you want to find someone good to do the work in your area, you could just make another post here asking the guys in LA if they know of one.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
post #5 of 18 Old 01-28-2009, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ladyWRX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Well, if you want to make sure his diagnosis is correct, take it to another mechanic and get their opinion without telling them what the first's was. But the symptoms sound like they match the diagnosis...unfortunately, sorry. If you want to find someone good to do the work in your area, you could just make another post here asking the guys in LA if they know of one.

Hey chase, thanks I will do so...thanks again guys.

LADY SUBBIE
post #6 of 18 Old 01-28-2009, 12:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Wait white smoke = cracked head??...This might be stupid but since im in nj and its cold its normal for it to puff white smoke right?

Dream Evil
post #7 of 18 Old 01-28-2009, 12:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
White smoke=burning water/coolent. Which is exactly what will happen when your head is cracked. Combined with a misfire means there's probably a loss in compression.

Edit: Consistent white smoke would be a symtom. Like mosc said, in the morning it's normal. I should have been clearer.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon

Last edited by Chase; 01-29-2009 at 12:29 AM.
post #8 of 18 Old 01-28-2009, 04:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
I don't get any miss fires but when I start it up in the morning when its cold it puffs smoke for a while, I thought that was normal though >_>

Dream Evil
post #9 of 18 Old 01-28-2009, 05:38 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Condensation from the exhaust when the engine is cold is normal, especially on cold days.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #10 of 18 Old 01-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Premium Member

boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyWRX View Post
Good morning,I DIDN'T THINK ANY ONE WILL REPLY...... like I said I got a wrx 02, but for the last 2 weeks. I took the car to some guy "MECHANIC" lol..he said I had a cracked head...so I am hoping to find some out here in south cali, To help me out...SO WHAT SOULD I DO? THE REPLY
Your a pretty girl, of course everybody is going to reply! Keep a hawk eye on your coolant. If your car is loosing coolant, this could be a sign of a cracked head. Did you pay this "mechanic to look at your car? If so you should have just took it to the stealership. It may cost more, but they could give a more in depth diagnostic. There are plenty of people on this site that are very smart when it comes to these cars that have given/will give good help. Is your car noticeably running worse?

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #11 of 18 Old 01-29-2009, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ladyWRX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo-key bear View Post
Your a pretty girl, of course everybody is going to reply! Keep a hawk eye on your coolant. If your car is loosing coolant, this could be a sign of a cracked head. Did you pay this "mechanic to look at your car? If so you should have just took it to the stealership. It may cost more, but they could give a more in depth diagnostic. There are plenty of people on this site that are very smart when it comes to these cars that have given/will give good help. Is your car noticeably running worse?
GOOD MORNING GUYS, Well I didn't pay this guy, but is not loosing coolant, but the white smoke is all day not just in the morning...but I had stop driving it, I got scared so i park it. till i find out what is wrong with it!Cry!..I found a guy on google "garage tuning" he ask to bring it in, so i will be going this Saturday, hope he can do some thing about it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Condensation from the exhaust when the engine is cold is normal, especially on cold days.
GOOD MORNING MOSC ..QUICK QUESTION?...can i add you guys as a friend if so how and where?

LADY SUBBIE

Last edited by mosc; 01-29-2009 at 12:25 PM.
post #12 of 18 Old 01-29-2009, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ladyWRX is an unknown
I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post!

LADY SUBBIE

Last edited by mosc; 01-29-2009 at 12:25 PM.
post #13 of 18 Old 01-29-2009, 12:26 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyWRX View Post
GOOD MORNING MOSC ..QUICK QUESTION?...can i add you guys as a friend if so how and where?
The site doesn't have many social networking features. We have ignore lists but not friends lists.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #14 of 18 Old 01-29-2009, 03:38 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
we are all friends right?

it could just be a head gasket, unless he did a pressure test and found it leaking from the head.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #15 of 18 Old 01-29-2009, 05:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
we are all friends right?

it could just be a head gasket, unless he did a pressure test and found it leaking from the head.
Bingo

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement