Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   SoCal WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f98/)
-   -   Girl/car/help? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f98/girl-car-help-25193/)

ladyWRX 01-28-2009 02:04 AM

Girl/car/help?

Hey Guys, Just Need Some Help.....:) I'm New To This Forums And I Have A 02 Wrx, Do You Know Where I Could Go To Ask Some Questions About My Car & And What Forums I Could Go To And Meets?..thank :d...u

boo-key bear 01-28-2009 05:57 AM

Hey welcome!! What kind of questions ya got? As far as meets you should be able to find a forum for your area.

ladyWRX 01-28-2009 10:09 AM

[quote=boo-key bear;214109]Hey welcome!! What kind of questions ya got? As far as meets you should be able to find a forum for your area.[/quote]

Good morning:D,I DIDN'T THINK ANY ONE WILL REPLY...... like I said I got a wrx 02, but for the last 2 weeks. I have some white smoke coming out of my car and I also have a mis fired. I took the car to some guy "MECHANIC" lol..he said I had a cracked head...so I am hoping to find some out here in south cali, To help me out...SO WHAT SOULD I DO?............OH YEAH THANKS YOU FOR THE REPLY :)

Chase 01-28-2009 10:33 AM

Well, if you want to make sure his diagnosis is correct, take it to another mechanic and get their opinion without telling them what the first's was. But the symptoms sound like they match the diagnosis...unfortunately, sorry. If you want to find someone good to do the work in your area, you could just make another post here asking the guys in LA if they know of one.

ladyWRX 01-28-2009 10:55 AM

[quote=Chase;214120]Well, if you want to make sure his diagnosis is correct, take it to another mechanic and get their opinion without telling them what the first's was. But the symptoms sound like they match the diagnosis...unfortunately, sorry. If you want to find someone good to do the work in your area, you could just make another post here asking the guys in LA if they know of one.[/quote]

Hey chase, thanks I will do so...thanks again guys.:D

DreamEvil 01-28-2009 11:26 AM

Wait white smoke = cracked head??...This might be stupid but since im in nj and its cold its normal for it to puff white smoke right?

Chase 01-28-2009 11:58 AM

White smoke=burning water/coolent. Which is exactly what will happen when your head is cracked. Combined with a misfire means there's probably a loss in compression.

Edit: [U]Consistent[/U] white smoke would be a symtom. Like mosc said, in the morning it's normal. I should have been clearer.

DreamEvil 01-28-2009 03:49 PM

I don't get any miss fires but when I start it up in the morning when its cold it puffs smoke for a while, I thought that was normal though >_>

mosc 01-28-2009 04:38 PM

Condensation from the exhaust when the engine is cold is normal, especially on cold days.

boo-key bear 01-28-2009 05:35 PM

[quote=ladyWRX;214119]Good morning:D,I DIDN'T THINK ANY ONE WILL REPLY...... like I said I got a wrx 02, but for the last 2 weeks. I took the car to some guy "MECHANIC" lol..he said I had a cracked head...so I am hoping to find some out here in south cali, To help me out...SO WHAT SOULD I DO? THE REPLY :)[/quote]

Your a pretty girl, of course everybody is going to reply! Keep a hawk eye on your coolant. If your car is loosing coolant, this could be a sign of a cracked head. Did you pay this "mechanic to look at your car? If so you should have just took it to the stealership. It may cost more, but they could give a more in depth diagnostic. There are plenty of people on this site that are very smart when it comes to these cars that have given/will give good help. Is your car noticeably running worse?

ladyWRX 01-29-2009 10:11 AM

[quote=boo-key bear;214150]Your a pretty girl, of course everybody is going to reply! Keep a hawk eye on your coolant. If your car is loosing coolant, this could be a sign of a cracked head. Did you pay this "mechanic to look at your car? If so you should have just took it to the stealership. It may cost more, but they could give a more in depth diagnostic. There are plenty of people on this site that are very smart when it comes to these cars that have given/will give good help. Is your car noticeably running worse?[/quote]

GOOD MORNING GUYS:D, Well I didn't pay this guy, but is not loosing coolant, but the white smoke is all day not just in the morning:D...but I had stop driving it, I got scared so i park it. till i find out what is wrong with it!Cry!..I found a guy on google "garage tuning" he ask to bring it in, so i will be going this Saturday, hope he can do some thing about it......

[quote=mosc;214146]Condensation from the exhaust when the engine is cold is normal, especially on cold days.[/quote]

GOOD MORNING MOSC :D..QUICK QUESTION?...can i add you guys as a friend if so how and where?

ladyWRX 01-29-2009 10:16 AM

I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post!

mosc 01-29-2009 11:26 AM

[quote=ladyWRX;214180]GOOD MORNING MOSC :D..QUICK QUESTION?...can i add you guys as a friend if so how and where?[/quote]
The site doesn't have many social networking features. We have ignore lists but not friends lists.

nagyhead 01-29-2009 02:38 PM

we are all friends right?

it could just be a head gasket, unless he did a pressure test and found it leaking from the head.

shamrock 01-29-2009 04:26 PM

[quote=nagyhead;214196]we are all friends right?

it could just be a head gasket, unless he did a pressure test and found it leaking from the head.[/quote]

Bingo