Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
- SoCal WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f98/)
- - 12/2/07: Toys for Tots Car Show @ Cali Speedway (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f98/12-2-07-toys-tots-car-show-cali-speedway-20674/)
12/2/07: Toys for Tots Car Show @ Cali Speedway
Our 2007 Toys for Tots Charity Car Show will be held in conjunction with Speed Venture's High Performance Driving Experience and Autocross day at California Speedway on Sun Dec 2, 2007. Yes! You can drive your car on a real racetrack!
Place: California Speedway, Fontana (inside the oval)
Date: Sunday 12/2/07
Rain or SHINE folks.
Cost: $25 show registration (registration ends Nov 16 - no exceptions)
To register for the car show, visit: [url]http://www.t4tcarshow.com[/url]
To register for the track/autocross, visit: [url]http://www.speedventures.com[/url]
>>yes you can participate in both<<
The sponsor list is growing, and we'll post up as they are confirmed.
Jack93.1FM will be broadcasting from onsite all day with giveaways.
There will also be jumpers, games and activities for the family.
Santa has also agreed to saddle up and drop in for a couple of hours to visit with the kids.
put on california section of nasioc. Ill get more people cand cars.
1) We want to thank the following sponsors who recently signed on to make T4T07 special for everyone:
MagnaFlow - 1 free catback exhaust for any car, except diesel or vettes
Vision Autosport of Hacienda Heights - Parts for raffle!
Street Image of Baldwin Park - Parts for raffle!
2) We've had a lot of questions in regards to the Autocross:
The autocross course will be set in an infield parking lot at California
Speedway and will be designed as much as possible to SCCA standards by an
experienced course designer. Course length will be approximately 35-40
seconds with a top speed of 50-60 mph. It would be comparable to a Pro Solo
course. Drivers can expect to get 10+ runs on the course. A timing system will be also be in place.
Autocross is $80. A helmet is required; motorcycle helmets are acceptable.
3) High Performance Driving Experience, or HPDE, aka TRACK aka ROVAL
Yes, you can drive your car on the racetrack. Here is what the course looks like:
Medium size groups of 35 cars get four 20 minute runs for $195
Smaller groups of 30 cars get will have five 24 minute runs for $295.
Price includes ride-alongs, classroom training, and all you can stomach autocross/time attack
competition. It doesn't sound like a lot of time, but you will be exhausted by the end of the day, guaranteed!
You need a SNELL approved helmet to run on the track, and rentals are available (please note in the comments during registration if you will need one (they run around $20)
4) Speed Ventures, our track/autocross partner will also be providing every T4T07 car show participant a $25 gift certificate good for a future Speed Ventures track event.
5) Please note that Paypal has been experiencing slow response times, so it may take 30 seconds to a minute or so for the checkout process to finalize. Please be patient, and don't abandon your session! We do track the info as it is entered, so we will contact anyone that looks like they had a problem. If you do not want to use PayPal, you can go through the whole registration process, entering up to 10 cars, and then mail us a check. Just stop by our forum with any questions. Checks can be made payable to: Team Transport and sent to 19745 Colima Rd, #205 Rowland Heights, CA 91748
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8pl1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.