borla exhaust XR1 2006-2007 wrx - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-04-2008, 08:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

chicken is an unknown
borla exhaust XR1 2006-2007 wrx

just had borla's 3" xr1 catback exhaust system installed (with invidia highflow cat downpipe),
my tuner specializes in wrx's he told me "i think i found my new favorite catback" about the borla xr1. i told him i did a lot of research online he said "you did some damn good research especially from just hearing the difference through computer speakers" my tuner also said "it's not as droney in the cabin as the perrin catback is at higher speeds"
when idling it sounds a bit more meaty(especially on a cold start, when you let it warm up), but when you get on it- all through the range its a deep meaty muscle car sound. at speeds unchanged it can sound monotonous.
vs. stock: i did notice a louder cabin thronging because of the deep throaty exhaust. especially when the windows were down but also especially when engine braking. i consider this an annoyance i didnt foresee about a performance exhaust. but i'd expect almost all aftermarket louder exhaust would do this.
earplugs...hm.. (im finicky about my ears and loud noises, and long term hearing health)
not sure about the borla hush catback this was what my tuner initially suggested to me. i may purchase that too just to experience the difference for myself.
but if you want to hear borla's xr1 system, the best link i could find that got me excited about borla's sound was go to youtube and look up "2007 wrx borla exhaust" and click on the one about doing snow donuts.

Last edited by chicken; 08-06-2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: even purer pure awesomeness