PPG goodness... - Page 5 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#61 Old 02-15-2007, 11:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
So MXboy did you just pull out yout tranny and ship it to them. How did you ship it and how much did it cost(to ship). And $4500 is it for straight 1/2 an helicle3/4
Right..............

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 02-15-2007, 03:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

mxboy15u is an unknown
If you are seriously interested...call andrewtech, they can arrange all these things for you.
#63 Old 02-15-2007, 03:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboy15u
If you are seriously interested...call andrewtech, they can arrange all these things for you.
*picks up phone* yeah I need a cool gearset please...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#64 Old 04-10-2007, 08:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

SubraTR is an unknown
Not to be rude or anything but I have taken few transmissions apart and most of them look the same on the inside, maybe few little changes. I dont see why I cant put these gears in bymyself. It sounds like these guys just do magic on the cases, if there is some special custom or whatever way they do it, I am sure just by looking and examining everything I can put these damn gears in. Anyone has had gear clusters side by side and compared them? Or should I just keep reading and dont put my .02 cents in?
#65 Old 04-10-2007, 10:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
go look at the side by side at andrewtech.com and yul see why. maybe if your an experienced transmission tech but i wouldnt wanna #### around with it. the gearset is monster.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
#66 Old 04-11-2007, 05:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

mxboy15u is an unknown
The gears are MUCH different than stock. You may be able to do it yourself like I have said before...but if you install these gears wrong then you definately CAN break one, and that would be a very expensive experiment. Andrewtech does not charge a lot for install at all if you think about what they are replacing as far as synchros and bearings, plus the build itself. Why take this chance? You make it sound like you are going to save thousands when you are actually just going to save a few hundred after parts are thrown into the equation...
#67 Old 04-29-2007, 11:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

lestat is an unknown
andrewtech.com is a dead site..... help!
#68 Old 04-30-2007, 10:10 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestat View Post
andrewtech.com is a dead site..... help!
What are you looking for? The cost of PPGs? Check out rallysportdirect.com they have the helical gears for $3500, then you just need to find a shop that can install them.
#69 Old 05-03-2007, 12:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
What are you looking for? The cost of PPGs? Check out rallysportdirect.com they have the helical gears for $3500, then you just need to find a shop that can install them.
Andrewtech has to modify your tranny case also. You can not just slap the gears in and be done with it. That is why I dont know about buying them from someone else. They want you to send your whole tranny to them, they do the work and then send it back

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
#70 Old 05-03-2007, 03:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

mxboy15u is an unknown
www.gearboxtech.com

That is andrew tech's site.
#71 Old 05-03-2007, 04:47 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
Andrewtech has to modify your tranny case also. You can not just slap the gears in and be done with it. That is why I dont know about buying them from someone else. They want you to send your whole tranny to them, they do the work and then send it back
Yep I know. I have asked and read all about it. The place Im taking my car to (eventually) can and will do this. Said it will cost $980 and be a 2 day turn around. All this shop works on is Subies. The owner converted his Forester into an STI one, and one guy has a RS with the 2.5 and I believe (cant remember) a GT35R on it. Both done in shop. They said it would be fine to order the gears from rallysportdirect.com and to just bring them in when I got them and they would gladly do the work.
#72 Old 05-09-2007, 06:19 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubraTR View Post
Not to be rude or anything but I have taken few transmissions apart and most of them look the same on the inside, maybe few little changes. I dont see why I cant put these gears in bymyself. It sounds like these guys just do magic on the cases, if there is some special custom or whatever way they do it, I am sure just by looking and examining everything I can put these damn gears in. Anyone has had gear clusters side by side and compared them? Or should I just keep reading and dont put my .02 cents in?

You say that (not being mean) but it's not that simple.. I rebuilt my stock trans after I blew it the (1st) time.. The rear retaining nut on the input shaft has a TQ spec of like 200+ftlbs.. I can't remember exactly as it's been a while.. My father and I in our machine shop did our best to meet this spec with out damaging everything and it still came lose.. My gears seperated and 2nd hit 3rd and blew it all again.. This under normal driving conditions and no extream loading as I already knew the outcome of that..

"BOOM"... !Cry! !Cry! !Cry!

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."