Isle of Man TT goodness - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-23-2011, 07:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Isle of Man TT goodness

Enjoy...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-23-2011, 08:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Nice video. I got to meet David Higgins at the STPR rally event. He was quite soft spoken and I don't think he expected anyone to ask him for his autograph. I got his and Dave Mirra's autograph though. I saw him race those two days and I can without a doubt say that the man is skilled. The video above just confirms my belief. He saved that car and that took some insane skill.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#3 Old 06-24-2011, 05:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Nice video. I got to meet David Higgins at the STPR rally event. He was quite soft spoken and I don't think he expected anyone to ask him for his autograph. I got his and Dave Mirra's autograph though. I saw him race those two days and I can without a doubt say that the man is skilled. The video above just confirms my belief. He saved that car and that took some insane skill.
As much as I love all things rally, Isle of Man TT really takes me a way from it. I'm a big fan of this race and have been for years. Never met any famous rally drivers before, so that's kind of cool.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#4 Old 06-24-2011, 07:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
amazing video...thanks for sharing!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#5 Old 06-24-2011, 09:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
I forgot all about Isle of Man, until I talked to one of the Subaru Rally Team USA mechanics at STPR. I got to chew his ear off for a while on the opening day. A really nice guy and he didn't mind me talking about rally and the VT car specs. Hell, he went into great detail about the VT 9.5 spec car that Mirra was driving and the VT 10 spec car Higgins was using. Even that the rallycross cars are completely different from those.

Speaking of that. Catch the last stage of Rally America's Rally Cross Championship on espn tomorrow night. 6/25/2011 at 9 pm (EST).

Spoiler: Higgins is driving Subaru's sole entry, because Subaru's rally cross team is still fixing Mirra's car from the last event. Plus, its a warm up for Higgins. That way he doesn't go into the X games never have entered a Rally Cross.

Kirt
#6 Old 06-24-2011, 10:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
I forgot all about Isle of Man, until I talked to one of the Subaru Rally Team USA mechanics at STPR. I got to chew his ear off for a while on the opening day. A really nice guy and he didn't mind me talking about rally and the VT car specs. Hell, he went into great detail about the VT 9.5 spec car that Mirra was driving and the VT 10 spec car Higgins was using. Even that the rallycross cars are completely different from those.

Speaking of that. Catch the last stage of Rally America's Rally Cross Championship on espn tomorrow night. 6/25/2011 at 9 pm (EST).

Spoiler: Higgins is driving Subaru's sole entry, because Subaru's rally cross team is still fixing Mirra's car from the last event. Plus, its a warm up for Higgins. That way he doesn't go into the X games never have entered a Rally Cross.
Mirra should have stuck to bikes. Just like Shawn White should stick to snow boarding.... There is a reason that pro rally drivers are the best in the world....lol and it wasn't because they rode bikes and snowboards as kids....

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#7 Old 06-25-2011, 04:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Its publicity...they need a name that sells. Hell, I'd love to see Shawn White drive Rally America next year for Subaru. I am kind of pissed that I never got to meet Travis Pastrana or Ken Block when I went to the rallys. Oh well...Ken Block never should've went to WRC in my opinion. He is a shoe owner and a viral video star. That's about it. Anyone can make the videos he does if they had enough money and support. Sooner or later Ken will realize that he is almost 45 years old and can't compete in WRC. That its just a fleeting dream that he thought he could compete with the big dogs. Tanner Foust even beats him at his own game in Gymkhana Grid. LOL, oh well...

Kirt
#8 Old 06-25-2011, 04:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is a helpful contributing member
I cant imagine doing 160mph on a country road.
Man that's skill. If that was me a deer would probably jump out with my luck. !Laugh!

Thanks for sharing.

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
JDM ej205 swap.

Hakuna Matata.

Chuck.