Subaru WRX Forum banner

How to make a shift pattern decal

18K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Vew 
#1 ·
These are fairly simple to make. I've provided a Prodrive one that I've made myself and a STi one that Big Sky found, but you can also chose to make on in photoshop. If you choose to make one yourself, make sure you zoom in to pixel size and clean up any logos that you use as they will need to be 'cleaned up' so they are clear when they come out of the printer. When I mean clean up, a lot of times, different shades of a color will be used and looks pixelated. Just go over them with the pencil tool to make them all the same color (no shades). You will also have to rescale the images to print 1 inch by 1 inch, but if you use the ones I've provided, you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Tools you'll need.

Photoshop (optional)
Screen Display device Technology Electronic device Product

Photo Paper
Laptop Netbook Electronic device Technology Laptop part

X-ACTO knife
Ruler
1 inch Page Pebbles
Double Sided Mounting Tape

The Page Pebbles can be found at craft stores like Michaels or any online scrap booking supply store.

After you print them out, you'll need to cut them out. I use a ruler and a knife since it's pretty important to keep straight edges, so I wouldn't recommend scissors.
Electronics Electronic device Technology Games Gadget

The Page Pebbles are already sticky, so you just have to ensure not to get any bubbles. After it's secured, you can put the double sided tape to the back. Here's the final result.
Technology Electronics Electronic device Electronic component Games

See less See more
#3 ·
Update

A year or two ago the exact brand I used was discontinuing their product so it may be more difficult to find now. I do want to mention something I've noticed is that the adhesive on the page pebble is not very strong. You may want to experiment with a clear superglue or something that dries clear.

Also, unless you want it to only be temp, use a good double sided tape like 3M's red automotive exterior mounting tape... this stuff is near impossible to get off once it sets. Be sure to clean the surface with alcohol, especially if you use any dressings on your dash. I have a MOMO decal with the proper size/pixels I'll see if I can dig up and post for everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.