disable drl 2007 wrx - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-03-2008, 09:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

chicken is an unknown
disable drl 2007 wrx

warnings:
some claim that this may shut off the passenger side airbag.
someone already contacted me re: a better way to do this, under the hood somehow, without cutting any wires, which doesnt disable the passenger airbag.

this is easy, you will need to remove your glove box for this, others have said you dont need to but i found it easier.
there are about 10(ish) screws to remove the glove box, it all comes down after that, be moderately careful not to yank the glove box inner light wiring apart as it is attached to the box. you can work with it still attached. at the far right you will see 2 connection adapter thingys one is black one is blue, you will be working on the black one. on the black adapter there are 5 wires, there are 2 yellow with red stripe wires, the one you will remove is the center one. put the glove box back on. and you're done.

source: How To Disable DRL's On 07 WRX - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums

Last edited by chicken; 06-12-2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: flow, possibility of rushing through instructions and interpereting it wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-04-2008, 07:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

chicken is an unknown
no check engine light, airbag works fine, rather, when i have a passenger riding with me the passenger airbag light displays "on", guess it works off of the seatbelt being buckled or weight detection in the seat. i just cut the wire and bent the ends away from each other. no problems.

Last edited by chicken; 06-26-2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: straight out awesomeness