The Mysterious Green Connector. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-13-2006, 06:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

AWDwannabe is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to AWDwannabe
The Mysterious Green Connector.

It is my opinion that this would belong better in FAQ but it is a read-only forums. Mods if you feel it necessary to move this there then by all means do.

Well, after reading a post or two about this I have decided to post something on it to help/warn any new-to-scooby people and even experienced junkies who may not know about this.

Anyone who has tried wiring under the dash may have found this clip. For most cars, it is under the passenger side dash/carpet area. Before you go plugging them in to see what happens, DON'T!

Having worked in a Subaru dealership for a couple months, one thing i learned was checking in new cars and making them ready to be sold, including disarming any anti-theft devices the company placed on the car. You see, most if not all manufacturers place some sort of anti-theft device on vehicles so that they can't be stolen right off the truck. In the case of Subaru, this little green clip is one of them.

You're probably wondering now, what does it do? well, it's very simple. By simply plugging in this connector, you will automatically cause your fans to stop functioning under any and all circumstances. It also causes your CEL to come on. Unplug it, and both problems go away.

To my knowledge, all Subarus, atleast newer ones that I've worked on, have this plug. I tcan always be found under the dash, usually in the passenger footwell but sometimes on the driver's side depending on model.

So before you go to reconnect the plug thinking you're correcting some ding dong's mistake at the plant, don't, because thats how it's supposed to be.

-Pat
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
Eurotrash
Daily Dubbin'