How to install autometer boost gauge! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-02-2004, 09:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

orwrx is an unknown
Talking How to install autometer boost gauge!

Properly Everyone knows how to install the gauge, but not anyone knows the exact location that they should put a T fitting on. After doing lots search on how to do this correctly, my friend and I had located the actual location is on our intake manifold. You guys will see the little 1/4 hose right in front of the manifold that's where I put the T fitting on, then just run a 1/4 rubber vaccum hose all the way to the firewall plug behind the intercooler,have to drill a 1/4 hole on it then go through it to the interior and use one of the vacuum hose connector from 1/4 to 3/8. Cut about 6 inchs of 3/8 hose, one end connect to the autometer boost gauge, and of course put hose clamp on it, the other end run it to the hose connector, then hook up your power and ground wire to wherever you can get the power from because it won't take a lots of volts, so you can tab it to parking light switch wire and ground it to any metal underneath the steering colume. That is only effective way to hook up the autometer gauge and have very accurate reading like mine.