Installing Rear Strut Bar on '08+ Sedan
This is a very easy install, requiring about one hours' time.
Skill level - 2 out of 10. Instructions are for a GTSpec Rear Strut Bar.
Other brands should be very similar.
1) Remove items from your trunk and remove the fabric-covered spare tire cover.
2) Position Rear Strut Bar close to mounting locations, which are the rear strut towers.
The inside two bolts for the strut towers will be visable in the trunk, located at the
center line of the rear wheels.
3) Remove the inner two 14mm nuts from top of strut tower bolts on each side.
4) Remove one 12mm bolt from the steel bracing tray on each side.
5) Position Rear Strut bar over mounting locations, do not tighten strut bar mounting bolts
or clamps on the bar until both ends of the bar are in the proper mounting location.
6) Tighten all bolts to no more than 25 ft.Lbs of torque. They don't need to be cranked on.
7) Tighten mounting clamps on both sides of the bar using a 16mm wrench and an allen
8) Reinstall spare tire cover. It will fit over the strut bar nicely.
9) Stand back and look at your shiny new Rear Strut Bar !!!