Huge HID Conversion Kit Price Drops - Free Lifetime Warranty - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 Old 09-22-2009, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

SharpHID is an unknown
Please note all of our hi/lo kits include the battery relay harness which gets around the DRL issue. And as Hondafan said our battery relay harness is available for any single beam kit and also gets around the DRL issue.

Regards,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 10-18-2009, 05:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
02-03 Bug Eye info.

I ordered a kit for my friend's Cobalt SS SC and we installed it last night. It went flawlessly, but I wanted to post some info on here for 02-03 Bugeye owners who will be installing the exact same kit as the Cobalt. It uses a 9007 Hi/Lo kit and so does the Bugeye. This actually applies to ALL HID kits, but we used the SharpHID 9007 HI/Lo 55W kit in 6000K. It looks beautiful, but the wiring is really the only part people may have difficulty with. I thought I'd take the time to clarify for everyone with an '02-'03. I made a simple little diagram to show which wires do what. Keep in mind, our Subies run a common power and switched ground for almost everything in our cars. That is why a little tutorial is required. The center connection on the 9007 is ground on most cars, but it happens to be the power for a Subaru. Looking at the car connector, to the right is the low beam circuit and to the left is the high beam. SharpHID's kit came with the battery harness so you only wire up one headlight and there's no need to do this on both. Wiring it incorrectly will make your fog lights also not work properly, just FYI. I spent about an hour trying to figure out the lights on my '02. Also, you'll need to flip the "9006" connector (it's the connector that every HID kit I've ever seen uses, it's the connection coming right off the ballast - the oval one). On the SharpHID kit it also came with zip ties so that's what you'll use to hold them together as it won't "clip" on like when you're running it on most cars. - - - SharpHID will have to correct me if I'm wrong there, because it may already be setup to accept reverse polarity like a regular 9007 bulb. - - - Everything else is literally plug and play. I have to say that I've purchased at least 10 sets of HIDs for my personal cars, and this is by far the nicest kit I've ever seen. That's my review. But here's the diagram to help with the wiring. Sorry that the image didn't upload 100%, all the vital stuff is there.
9007 Diagram
post #33 of 37 Old 10-18-2009, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

SharpHID is an unknown
Hey Thank You for the great write up and testimonial. You are correct in everything but note if you don't wish to flip the 9006 connector you can simply do a reverse in the OEM connector as you have to anyway for the third wire being in the wrong place.

Thanks again!

Regards,
John
post #34 of 37 Old 11-22-2009, 09:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

tnhockey is an unknown
this could possibly be the stupidest question ive ever asked but just wanted to make sure before i place my order that the price is for both headlights (left and right) and not just one. It says kit but when i pick what i want it doesnt pluralize (sp?) it so it gives the impression im only paying for a single bulb.

sorry for the dumb question. thanks.
post #35 of 37 Old 11-22-2009, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

SharpHID is an unknown
Hello,
It is for a two bulb/ballast kit unless you are in the motorcycle section where it will specify what comes with it.

Regards,
John
post #36 of 37 Old 11-22-2009, 09:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

tnhockey is an unknown
awesome...thats what i thought. thanks for the quick reply. ill be placing my order soon.
post #37 of 37 Old 12-06-2009, 09:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

btcruz is an unknown
You are being asked to lower your headlight adjustment because HID lights were never designed for use in halogen reflectors. You are blinding the crap out of oncoming drivers with these conversion kits.

When a bulb is mounted inside of a parabolic reflector the light emitting portion of the bulb must be precisely positioned so the reflected light in is properly focused and beam shape is tight. HID bulbs are longer than halogen bulbs so the HID emitter (the little bubble containing the gas) is pushed further out into the reflector, therefore it is out of focus and scatters light all over the place. Even if you angle your lights down some you are still blinding oncoming traffic and wasting the higher output the HIDs provide by scattering the light all over the place.

Also, don't go too crazy with the higher kelvin temps. After about 6000K the output begins dropping off. As well, the blue color end of the light spectrum is the hardest for the human eye to focus.

If you want HIDs, then spend the time and money to do it right.