Subaru WRX Forum banner

Huge HID Conversion Kit Price Drops - Free Lifetime Warranty

30K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  btcruz 
#1 ·

Hey all,
I have been able to reduce prices significantly on our HID kits. Lifetime warranties are now included with every HID kit along with free shipping within the US. All of our kits are using the Ultra Slim digital ballast technology.

35w HID kit - $110
55w HID kit - $150
35w hi/lo HID kit - $195
55w hi/lo HID kit - $240

Lifetime warranty included.
Free shipping within the US only. $25 for Canadian shipping.

All orders can be made at SharpHID.com - Automotive HID Xenon Conversion Lighting Products.

As always you can contact me here via PM or via email at sales@sharphid.com.

Regards,
John

See less See more
#5 ·
HIDs (high intensity discharge) work in a similar way to a fluorescent light in that they use a ballast and igniter to ignite a gas in the glass bulb using a very high voltage. The gas creates a much brighter light than any filament halogen bulb can create. HIDs also use less energy to run. HIDs are what you will see the newer STIs using as stock headlights. BMW, Audi, and Mercedes have been using them for quite some time also - the purple looking lights you see.

You will want to note that halogen headlights are not designed for HIDs but HIDs will work in them. HID bulbs are longer but will typically require the headlight to be aimed down a little once they are installed. Our HID kits are plug and play and require no cutting or splicing of OEM wiring when installed into your low beams. HIDs are also not DOT approved when installed in a non-HID designed housing. That said I have never heard of someone being required to remove them due to a violation.

You will see a huge improvement in the light output from your headlights after installing HIDs. They will light up a lot more of what is in front of the vehicle and you will be able see more clearly.

#22 ·
Yeah, I've done that before...:nono: If you have trouble seeing at night then these are a great addition to safety features, but I hope you don't get upset when people like myself, who have excellent vision day & night, see someone who has lights two times brighter than everyone else and throws up a flash. They look much better from behind the wheel, lol

#15 ·
You may want to view some of the install guides on my site for photos etc but it is require to have a 1" hole in the headlight cap. I'm not sure why people are plugging the hole afterward because with our kit we provide a rubber grommet surrounding the appropriate wires. This creates a water resistant seal that shouldn't cause any issues. The installation can very easily be of OEM quality.

View SharpHID.com - Automotive HID Xenon Conversion Lighting Products under the installation section for a guide on a vehicle similar to yours.

Regards,
John

#28 ·
It is much more simple than even that - simply order the kit in the bulb type you need for your application - lows, fogs, highs, etc... You can find out your bulb type easily by pulling out one of your bulbs and reading what it says on it or ask your dealer or mechanic.

If your car uses one bulb for both low and high beams then you need a hi/lo kit. If it doesn't then you need a single beam kit.

#29 ·
What about a Peanut eye, or whatever they call the 04-05

Do we need a hi/lo kit?
Only the 02-03s use a hi/lo. I hope that helps everyone.

02-03s use:
9007 Bulbs (this would be a hi/lo option if you want to maintain hi beams) - You'll also want to either disable the DRLs, or drive with your headlights on to not risk damaging the ballasts or bulbs from having them constantly ignite/turn off, etc. The low beam circuit is what lights up on these models.

04-05s use:
H1s for low beams
9005s for high beams

06-07s use:
H7s for low beams
9005s for high beams

08-09s use:
H11s for low beams
9005s for low beams - it should be noted that driving lights are powered through this circuit. Your car will not always run sufficient power to ignite these. You'd either need to disable your DRLs, or drive with your headlights on to not risk damaging the ballasts or bulbs from having them constantly ignite/turn off, etc. I don't know which lights function for 04-07 WRXs.

Also - another way around the DRL problem, you can have a relay wired up to give full power to them any time the DRLs are on too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.