FORSA Intake Manifold - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-09-2008, 09:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Boostbuddy is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Boostbuddy Send a message via Yahoo to Boostbuddy
FORSA Intake Manifold

We are due to have these in stock in 3 weeks:

These manifolds are currently through with the testing and development phase and are going into production soon. Pricing is not 100% set yet.

There are two styles. Neither will accommodate a TMIC. One is normal orientation. One is a reversed manifold, which comes with the pulleys necessary to relocate the alternator but loses the air conditioning.

U.S. hand made in Boulder CO
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...v/DSC06390.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...v/DSC06385.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...v/DSC06397.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...v/DSC06383.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...v/DSC05992.jpg

Not in Production yet and it looks like the cost will be about 2K but worth every penny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-09-2008, 10:17 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
What is the increase in flow? For 2 g's i hope its alot! Looks like the passenger front runner would flow alot more than the driver rear. http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...v/DSC05992.jpg Or are there secret diverters inside the plentum? Do all the runners flow the same amount of air?

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#3 Old 01-12-2008, 07:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

Boostbuddy is an unknown
Cool

These are handmade and there are only a very few available.

I really believe in these manifolds. There is plenty of proof of there performance already. We have been testing these over the last two years to test the Manifold and return with real results to the designer/builder. He was interested in real world results both on a chassis dyno and at the dragstrip. I was told to be brutally honest about drawbacks as well.

The only drawback I have found is a little lag. No different than a larger turbo.

A friend (and Tuner) of ours has been driving his car with this Intake Manifold for over a year and it is working great. Before putting this manifold on his car he baselined it on our dyno at 2XX HP, after putting it on my car he was able to pick up quite a bit of top end torque for a final number of 3xx HP. Both runs were made on wastegate pressure, there was a pound less boost after installing the manifold due to the large plenum and runners, but this occured partially because of the better ability of the heads to breathe. There is a bit of increased spoolup due to the plenum also, but this translates to a reservoir of airflow for the top end of operation. The net effect is higher Volumetric Efficiency at the top and higher horsepower and trap speeds.

His personal car ran a 12.7@108 (at Bandimere Speedyway) before the manifold, then with no difference other than the manifold, and on a hotter night, he ran a 12.28@113.7 only with the Forsa Intake Manifold being added.

Quite a bit of improvement IMHO.

Here is an incomplete list of Benefits- (more to come so ask away with the questions)
Higher VE - more horsepower for you
Thermal isolation of most of the manifold via couplers - more power and a lower propensity to knock
These are nearly impossible to crack because of the couplers
For racers, one head can be removed without removing the manifold -
The Look !
Large turbos can be shortpipe plumbed under the manifold if needed.
The difference in flow across the runners runner has been matched within 5.7 percent for the normal mount and 4.4 percent for the reverse manifold versus 9.9 percent on the stock manifold.
Plenum Volume is HUGE! Stock volume on an 03 WRX manifold is 725cc. Our normal mount manifold is 1466cc = 102 percent larger. The front intake manifold measures 1870cc = 158 percent larger.
The manifold saves a few pounds off the stock one despite this huge increase in size due to space age materials (haha) !

We offer the normal rear throttle body manifolds for both the drive by cable and electronic drive-by-wire model cars at $2150.00. These cannot fit under the hood if reversed.

We also offer the reverse manifold which is set up for a Ford throttle body. It has two sets of injector bosses per cylinder and will work with either the APS dual rail or the proprietary dual injector rails from Forsa that will also be released in a few months. Due to the angle of the TB, it will fit under a stock hood. It comes with adapters to use stock or aftermarket rails. For only $2350.00

Currently the only thing needed will be some brass fittings and mounting bolts. All brackets and properly located/threaded holes are included. You can choose whether you want the hardware/couplers/logo in blue or red.

Order yours now because supply's are very very limited...we already snagged two more for our Personal Cars.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...v/DSC06719.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...v/DSC06714.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...v/DSC06716.jpg
#4 Old 03-30-2008, 11:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Boostbuddy is an unknown
Here are some more pics of the FORSA that has been on our Tuners car for over a year now!

#5 Old 03-30-2008, 11:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

Black05WRX is an unknown
Man thats insane, I heard harvey from boostcreep use the same thing, Is that it?
#6 Old 03-31-2008, 04:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

Boostbuddy is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05WRX View Post
Man thats insane, I heard harvey from boostcreep use the same thing, Is that it?
That is his car
#7 Old 05-24-2008, 12:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Boostbuddy is an unknown

#8 Old 05-24-2008, 12:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Boostbuddy is an unknown
These are now on our Weekly Deal!!

Boostbuddy "Deal of the Week"
#9 Old 02-12-2009, 08:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

2sexy4myrexy is an unknown
Anyone heard any more results about these intakes?
#10 Old 04-15-2010, 04:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

williamsmith is an unknown
There are lotsof ideas here!!!!!!!!!
but people seem to be very casual with this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any body interested in a joint venture ?
I got some stuff to share

william
#11 Old 10-27-2010, 03:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
i would like to know how he got the fmic on there and still kept his fog lights.. i was told on the 2002-2003 you had to remove the fog lights to do a fmic setup...has anyone found a write up on this topic
#12 Old 10-28-2010, 03:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex2002 View Post
i would like to know how he got the fmic on there and still kept his fog lights.. i was told on the 2002-2003 you had to remove the fog lights to do a fmic setup...has anyone found a write up on this topic
There are plenty of FMICs that allow you to keep foglights. Whoever told you this should be popped on the head.

That being said, there are no turbo setups that can be run on a stock block 2.0L WRX motor that will justify a FMIC.