V8 mustang hate - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

El Nino is an unknown
V8 mustang hate

Hi, I dont post post that much but the tech pages have been of great help.
There's one thing that i must do before I go to Iraq for the third time. I've gotta lay the smacketh on this mustang at my unit. He is one of my boys but he cant stop talking smack. We raced once before and I got him only bcause we were both stock.
What do I need to beat him? since he upgraded complete exhaust,CAI,throttle body spacer, little bit bigger throttle body and a piggyback that he uses to advance timing and fuel.
I have to install my TBE/uppipe that have been sitting at the house for a week, other than that I dont have any other upgrades but my intake snorkel delete and a K&N filter.
Gotta do this before my car goes into storage for a year n I go play with sand n guns.

My 05 WRX and me thank u for any help guys!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 09:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
Racing is looked down upon here.... But to get the most out of your mods you need a tune.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 10:18 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
You need to do it legitemately for proof. But you are talking quarter mile? He might have you, but take him to a dirt road or even a road course and see how his car fairs to yours. Granted Mustangs can be potent with a good driver, but you car isnt made for a straight line. You really shouldnt even let this get to you IMHO.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #4 of 8 Old 11-20-2008, 12:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Hmm.. yeah, a somewhat aggressive Stage 2 protune might do the trick. I remember I was merging on the highway (with my Cobb Stage 2 map and tbe) behind an old man in a Mustang GT convertible and it seemed like he was getting on it a little and so was I and I kept up until we got up to the speed limit But yeah, you might be close. Hard to say for sure. Be safe.

John
07 WRX
post #5 of 8 Old 11-20-2008, 10:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

02wrxnfx is an unknown
this is a tough one, but i agree with newtothgame, take him to a track or on the dirt if you really wanna make him cry. our cars arent made for a quick launch and straight line. you MIGHT get him on a rolling start, but who knows.
yoou can always put stickers allover your car cause that gets you like 60 hp lol
post #6 of 8 Old 11-20-2008, 11:27 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
WRX Forums - FAQ: Site Policies & Guidelines
* No "bench racing". Bench racing is defined as posting hypothetical questions to try and see how fast or how powerful your car is, or will be. If you want to know what time to expect at the track, whether or not your car can beat another specified car, or how much power it will have with a particular modification (or mod list), then go to the track or the dyno and find out for sure. Do not ask for people to guess in our forums. It's pointless and it wastes space. Serious enthusiasts go out and do it, they don't talk about doing it. If you're not serious about performance, find another online community to be apart of.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #7 of 8 Old 11-20-2008, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

El Nino is an unknown
Thaks for all the RED lettering but you might have missed it when I wrote that I am going to do this. Nothing " hypothetical" here my friend.
We have a quarter mile track less than 15mins from our base and we DONT street race, many of us(in uniform) r loosing buddies just after coming back from deployment do to this lack of judgement , we even have a counter in each of our base exits that resets every time one of our local soldiers dies in a car crash(plenty of reminder,Dont u think?).
Dont confuse my intent and dont mistake me with a newbie since the only thing im a newbie at is typing on this forum. Simple question needs a simple answer. My question didnt have anything to do with anyones personal ability to copy and paste those cute red posts. To my "always online buddy" Thak u.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-20-2008, 01:29 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Cut the attitude please.

Look, your "opponents" cars here is the bench racing problem. Knowing how fast he will go or speculating is bench racing. "How much do I need to beat X" is bench racing. If you want to know "How much do I need to run 13s" or "How fast is a stage 2 car", those are borderline bench racing anyway but asking us to blindly speculate how fast a v8 mustang is in some unreferenced contest, it's against our rules. How the hell are we supposed to know how fast his car is? Bench Racing.

Look, we'd love to talk about how to make your car faster or how to improve your drag times. Lets keep the conversation about YOUR car and YOUR driving, not about somebody else who we really can't speculate on.

PS: You want to contest moderation, do it in PMs please. Nuf said.

EDIT: For those who want to discuss my post, do so in PM. For those who want to post something, anything on topic, please post away!

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD

Last edited by mosc; 11-20-2008 at 08:53 PM.