Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Gulf Coast WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f82/)
-   -   Royal Purple 5-30 (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f82/royal-purple-5-30-a-23137/)

pzr2874 05-04-2008 11:38 AM

Royal Purple 5-30

I don't have many words, but all I can say is DAMN. I felt all the difference automatically since I have switched from Mobil 1. I know it's expensive, but well worth it. I recommend buying the 5 gallon bucket of it for 130.00 or so. Comes to 6.50 a quart, not a bad deal since I paid 7.50 a quart buying individually. Anyone who is not using it in their WRX is missing the full potential of their car. :rocks::rocks:

VD5505 05-04-2008 01:37 PM

+1 to that man, Royal Purple is all i use, now im building a new motor you think i should break the motor in on Full synthetic oil??

zmanoside 05-04-2008 05:53 PM

So is it ok to switch from conventional to royal purple? All I have used since buying the car has been conventional oil, thinking about changing...even though my mechanic told me not to use synthetic...

pzr2874 05-04-2008 07:34 PM

Put it this way, I had a ton of M1 left, I started putting it in my lawnmower (it made a huge difference)..... Hows that ? Royal Purple states to allow 2k break in b4 using in a new "unbroken engine" , I would go w/that. All I can say is "USE NO OTHER". ;)

baller_v24 05-04-2008 10:38 PM

royal purple is the shiz, zman, i would go with a different mechanic if he advises away from synthetic oil on a performance car. or any car for that matter.

kh15 05-04-2008 10:44 PM

i made the switch from mobil1 about 10k miles ago and i will never use anything but rp!

HUMANPIE 05-05-2008 12:40 AM

Has anyone used AMSOIL or have any knowledge of the info presented in this link? I have always heard about how good RP is never any cons. This link is the first...however it is from a competitor. So the whole containing "moly" concern may be minimal if not nonexistent?

[url=http://www.performancemotoroil.com/Royal_Purple_info.html]AMSOIL Royal Purple Info[/url]

pzr2874 05-05-2008 06:54 AM

Everybody competes for sales. That's just AMSOIL's pitch. I don't like when they go after each other like that. I might believe all that BUT, I do my changes every 3K.... regardless what the company states.

nagyhead 05-05-2008 10:26 AM

how does oil make your car run better? what differences did you notice over Mobil 1?
I never noticed any difference in different oils.

pzr2874 05-05-2008 10:31 AM

I get better/should I say quicker response from the engine. Smoother acceleration. "seems" to idle better. Other than that.... nuthin more.

More clicking from the bay though.

xceptionalau 05-05-2008 10:54 AM

I would have to agree that rp is one of the best lubricants on the market. We are a supplier of their product and use it in all of our vehicles. Synchromax being one of the best improvements for a smoother shifting transmission. xceptionalauto.com call for best pricing out there. Never listen to a mechanic that says not to use synthetic oil the molecules do not break down like they do in a regular oil. Synthetic oil can generally be added to a new motor after about 500 miles given time for the rings to seat, but some race engines synthetic is used right after startup

zmanoside 05-05-2008 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=baller_v24;194643]royal purple is the shiz, zman, i would go with a different mechanic if he advises away from synthetic oil on a performance car. or any car for that matter.[/QUOTE]

Well, I have allready got into arguments about this a long time ago, my mechanic is not someone I would doubt, I think in this situation he was just quoting something that subaru told him...wihch was dont use synthetic in subarus. But I'm thinkin thats a bunch of car politics talking. Search it on NASIOC and you will see people talking about it. What about you dumdum/naggy, synthetic>conventional in wrx's?

pzr2874 05-05-2008 12:43 PM

I know for a fact dumdum believes in Moly. I noticed a huge difference in performance when I made the switch to M1 from Castrol.

robert.lshoc 05-05-2008 01:21 PM

I run royal purple in everything rear diff, Trans, motor, Lawn mower,motorcycle, truck, I even use it on my guns.

SuBeast 05-05-2008 02:49 PM

[QUOTE=nagyhead;194677]how does oil make your car run better? what differences did you notice over Mobil 1?
I never noticed any difference in different oils.[/QUOTE]

Well, the Royal Purp makes a better lubricant for all your moving parts... Such as crankshaft and such... I guess it's kind of like getting a lightweight crank pulley... reduces rotating mass, but not really the mass, just the force to push it, never mind i'm too confused right now :p