New Meet Up Every One Invited!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-23-2009, 09:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

GillmanSuby is an unknown
New Meet Up Every One Invited!!

Meet up will be at Gillman Subaru on may 14 from 5-9 p.m. Tech will be on site to answer any questions you may have. Will have a few booths from local shops setting up. This is going to be a little meet and greet. We are going to have Subaru and Mitsubishi Owners here. Just a little friendly meeting. We will bring the food. Please try and make it. This is our first time doing something like this. If all goes well we will continue to do this. Address is 16044 IH 35 North Schertz Tx 78154 call if you have any questions 210-564-3489
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-23-2009, 10:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Was up there the other day to look around..... Are you a "MOD friendly" dealer ?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 04-28-2009, 04:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

06SCOOBYTX is an unknown
sounds fun, i might just have to bring the suby out to see what is around the area. Hopefully there will be a decent turn out
#4 Old 11-10-2009, 10:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

GT2WRX is an unknown
I guess i missed out on that one,how was the turn out
#5 Old 11-11-2009, 04:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Gillman blows goat testicles....

I'm sour

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#6 Old 11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

GT2WRX is an unknown
yea most dealer meets do,when i had my celica we had a meet in austin at a toyota dealer and the only people they would let in on the prizes was the scions none of the celicas or mr2 could win,to me there is no point in dealing with dealers,plus gillman just want your money
#7 Old 11-12-2009, 05:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Not just that but these guys do "bay days" where people can come in and work on their cars and use the lifts at gillman. These people may be doing anything, be it suspension, engine, etc... and this dealer is sitting there writing down VINs or making note of what people are doing. Not cool.

I had a stage 2 07wrx with 31k miles and 1st gear stripped and it wasn't covered under warranty. I NEVER launched my old car. Babied the heck out of it and I only took it there because I was told they are "mod friendly".... BS... a big load of BS. I told them I could have lied to them and put it back to stock in 3hrs and they said "we can tell if there were bolts messed with". I told them, I can replace whatever bolts I want.

Check this out... They invited AWDTuning (Keith) to their facility to tune cars. And then they got PISSED he was street tuning them How the hell are you going to tune a car without a dyno? gillman is full of fail...

Just stand clear of them. Northpark Suby is where you need to go.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#8 Old 11-12-2009, 05:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

GT2WRX is an unknown
Yea that is a lot of bs man,Tim over at norht park seem like a good guy so far,I just dont like what they charger there. That what dealers do they make you pay more but they do good work at norht park
#9 Old 11-13-2009, 05:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

I needed to replace my HID bulbs (one actually) and called up NP and they quoted me 196.00 A PIECE.... I said, no.... I don't need the entire headlight assembly... just the bulbs. He laughed and said, that IS just one bulb.... I was like

Anyways.... Found some nice Zenon bulbs (direct replacements) for 160.00 shipped for both. Tim is a good guy. Will help out whenever possible.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#10 Old 11-28-2009, 05:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Smokin'Joe is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post

Check this out... They invited AWDTuning (Keith) to their facility to tune cars. And then they got PISSED he was street tuning them How the hell are you going to tune a car without a dyno? gillman is full of fail...

Wow is that messed up... How do you get one of the best Subaru tuners to drive waaay the hell down there and then not offer the equipment you want him to use to satisfy your b/s wants?! I bet they just lost a ton of business by doing that since I'm sure there were alot more people there than just you and Keith who will not recommend them to anyone if not totally trash talk that dealership. I'd rather have a street tune anyways since you will know what the car feels like under load rather than just sitting in a perfect test tube type scenario. Dyno's are good for number reference, but since they're all different it doesn't make sense to have that gauge how well a job the tuner did IMHO. Also, inviting your direct competition as a dealership (Mitsubishi) to the meet was pretty dumb in my book. People are all "hey those Recaro seats are way nicer, I want one of them instead" or something to that effect. Glad I didn't go And thanks for the heads up on that shizz