Hella Supertones DFW - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-26-2010, 02:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Big B is an unknown
Hella Supertones DFW

Does anyone in the DFW area know if I can buy hella supertones anywhere?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-26-2010, 03:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Ugh, I will never understand this ricer trend.
#3 Old 12-26-2010, 07:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Ugh, I will never understand this ricer trend.
That seems rather unprofessional and rude, IMO. Anyway, have you checked the web? I haven't seen them anywhere local around where I live, and I'd probably search the web if I were to purchase them. Good luck.
#4 Old 12-26-2010, 10:02 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
More than likely you will have to order them off line. Here is probably one of the best places to get them:Hella Supertone Horn Kit - 003399801 - Hella - Horns - Subaru Aftermarket Parts You can even get them in a differenet color (black) to make everyone happy (even tho it has nothing to do with them).

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 12-26-2010, 10:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

subyaddict is an unknown
#6 Old 12-26-2010, 11:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Big B is an unknown
I went ahead and ordered them off amazon they were about 30 bucks cheaper than on the wrx sites. Wheres the most common place to mount them? Pictures?
#7 Old 12-26-2010, 11:58 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Look on subimods or even google. This type of thing has been done MANY times. There are all kinds of pics for every make and model as well as instructions (and I believe instructions come with the horns).

Pics:WRX supertones - Google Search

Install:Installing Hella Supertones in a WRX
Hella Supertones Install - NASIOC
How To: **DIY Hella Super Tones Install ** - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

**I love google**

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#8 Old 12-27-2010, 12:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

Big B is an unknown
Thanks cant wait to get rid of this baby bitch horn the subies come with.
#9 Old 12-27-2010, 12:17 AM

To each their own. I would rather go fast, handle better, before I consider little things like that. A horn is a horn. I have probably used mine 10 times in the 4yrs of having my car. But good luck with the install.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#10 Old 12-27-2010, 07:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I made a custom bracket for mine to mount on the center radiator support and I had to extend one of the wires slightly to make it work, but it was very easy. Other than that, it was plug and play. I've since seen a pre-fabricated bracket out there somewhere that mounts in the same fashion, and I'm sure you can find it fairly easily with a quick Google search.

I got mine pretty cheap at a website called Truck Accessories, Performance Parts for Pickup Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers, Vans, but that was a while ago and the only color they had was red. Mine are terribly faded now, so I'm considering either painting them or possibly ordering another set since there are a few rust bubbles. Keep in mind red will fade and turn pinkish over a period of several years - even when they're tucked behind the grill.

And yeah, I agree Joshua. I've only used mine a handful of times since they've been installed and it was mostly because people wanted to see how loud they were or I felt like demonstrating to an unsuspecting friend who was reasonably far away so as to not damage their hearing. I did it mostly for looks. Interestingly, I've had lots of people ask me what they are and to date, nobody has told me they look bad (at least to my face) so that's pretty cool too I guess.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#11 Old 12-27-2010, 10:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondafan View Post
That seems rather unprofessional and rude, IMO. Anyway, have you checked the web? I haven't seen them anywhere local around where I live, and I'd probably search the web if I were to purchase them. Good luck.
It's the truth though. It's a rice mod because it serves no real purpose other than to "look good" behind the grille despite what their users will try to tell you. I never really understood how this mod spread so fast. The stock pieces work exceptionally well. All Hella Supertones do is make your horns sound like a loud, screaming 4 yr old girl. The $60 is better invested in a tank and a half of gas.
#12 Old 12-27-2010, 11:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Justin, have you heard the Mazda horns ??

You would buy them too.... lol

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#13 Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 AM

Im not knocking anyone that has them. They arent bad looking. But I have since been put on a budget of what I can do and get for the car. So once my (final) allowance is spent, Im finally done. So I dont see it benefiting me on getting horns when my factory ones work.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#14 Old 12-28-2010, 08:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
Big B, I got some this summer from subimods.com. I made a bracket and mounted it to the car. I also painted mine yellow. I think it looks pretty good. I did it for mainly for the looks. I have used mine around 6-8 times since the install. Actually used mine today when a car started merging INTO my car. One honk and the car moved over. My 2 cents... if you want them, get them, who cares what anyone else thinks.
Attached Images

#15 Old 12-29-2010, 08:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
To the uninformed layperson, they look like they could be a pair of lights, but because they're sort of futuristic/robotic-looking, brightly colored, and nestled behind the grill just far enough back to be out of the way, but just far enough forward to be noticed, people see them and wonder just what the heck they are.

They definitely work pretty well too. I've used them to wake people up when they're stopped for longer than they should be at fresh green lights or, like you said, to avoid disaster when other vehicles begin to drift into my lane.

Style + safety + attention = why I like them. I also like that they're generally accepted by the Subaru community too - and now that I think about it, I don't know if I've ever seen them on any other car.
Attached Images

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)