Subaru WRX Forum banner

El Paso, TX members - could use your help

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
Helping a friend look at a WRX that's over at one of the dealerships there. Locally, it's 1800 miles so for us to come check it out is out of the question unless it's to pick it up.

Can anyone tell me the original owner so I can do some research on the vehicle or asking for a favor and go there and check it out for me. Known mods:

FP 64mm turbo
unknown brand TMIC
STi intake manifold
Magnaflow exhaust
cobb short shifter
"cobb tuned"

That's all the info the dealership gave them. I'm weary of this purchase because that's way too big of a turbo for a 2.0L let alone the transmission. And for someone to knownly do that concerns me of their driving habits.

#6 · (Edited)
Wow, you guys are awesome for willing to go that far. Completely, UNnecessary. I was thinking maybe 30min or less away lol. Anyway, after closer inspection of the stickers, I think this car is just a bad idea. Missing fender liners, replacement hose clamp on the radiator hose, different radiator caps, STi splitter not mounted with factory hardware, terribly rattle canned generic rims, and about half a dozen unknown ground wires. Missing bolt/s on the belt cover, airbox unclamped, factory BPV on a very large turbo, and missing window washer bottle (meth kit in the trunk? who knows). And that's all just from what I can see from the photos. Feel free to add in or disagree!

Link to the car here.
Stogner Auto Sales

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.