Any other louisiana subies? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 52 Old 03-14-2009, 12:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

ajtoce is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT View Post
I asked all of the guys I knew and none of them could get me a price on a VF52. Where/whom are you getting that unit from?

Alberto
josh at importimageracing.com, i first heard about them from the florida suby website i was on when i lived in destin. its def. the best price around but i was trying to hook you guys up and keep my business local. he would usually discount me because he posted a thread wanting to get business from florida subies but at that price i didnt even mention it. I guess ill go ahead and get it from him if you can't get your hands on one. good job on chris's car btw, how was it tuning with the AP software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch_7575 View Post
OK this might be a dumb question but do I have to leave the CAP hooked up or is it a one time programing?
well here's the thing, you can just plug it in for your tune and put it on a shelf, which a lot of people do, but there are many more features than just reflashing with the accessport. i keep mine handy because you can use the dyno feature, all the monitoring you need (like boost, a/f ratios, wastegate and injector duty and much more) you can datalog with it too and if you want to tweak the maps yourself theres free beta software for that too. its definitely a great product for those who dont want to mod their cars excessively

God is love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 52 Old 03-14-2009, 01:35 AM
CPT
WRXtuners Member

CPT is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to CPT Send a message via MSN to CPT Send a message via Yahoo to CPT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
josh at importimageracing.com, i first heard about them from the florida suby website i was on when i lived in destin. its def. the best price around but i was trying to hook you guys up and keep my business local. he would usually discount me because he posted a thread wanting to get business from florida subies but at that price i didnt even mention it. I guess ill go ahead and get it from him if you can't get your hands on one. good job on chris's car btw, how was it tuning with the AP software?

I will try once last time on Monday from on other person and I will give up after that. lol
As far as how was the tune. Well it went a little slow just needing to get the in and outs of the way the software and hardware behaved. I have to say a lot better than Opensource that is for sure.
Besides that, I think its a decent tuning system.

Alberto

AEM EMS Factory Trained
EFI-101 Graduate
Haltech Factory Trained
post #33 of 52 Old 03-15-2009, 09:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

well good news bro, i just got paid $300 just to MOVE OUT of my house and into a place with no rent and free food!!!! plus i got a nice paycheck coming so i might be coming to you guys sooner than expected since ill have an extra $700 come april. so im sure you can get me a perrin TMIC, and im going to let you guys do all the installation and tuning.

God is love
post #34 of 52 Old 03-15-2009, 10:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

lurch_7575 is an unknown
Ok now that I have a local place to go for the work....Thanks CPT.......I do want to keep my car under warranty....but I do want the downpipe and exhaust and the cold air intake. Do I just do what I did with all my other cars and but a K&N for $300 and hook it up or is there a better option for the intake and for the exhaust do I stick with SPT parts or is there a better cheaper solution that likes warranties?
post #35 of 52 Old 03-16-2009, 01:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Ok now that I have a local place to go for the work....Thanks CPT.......I do want to keep my car under warranty....but I do want the downpipe and exhaust and the cold air intake. Do I just do what I did with all my other cars and but a K&N for $300 and hook it up or is there a better option for the intake and for the exhaust do I stick with SPT parts or is there a better cheaper solution that likes warranties?
id have to advise against the cold air intake since the cobb map calls for stock intake only. if you choose to get a protune then an intake is good to go. also, the stock intake is cold air so its really not that big of a gain, actually its a loss in power in the lower rpm's. you could get away with a k&n drop in filter, it will free up a bit more airflow and bring out the sound of your bypass valve.

God is love
post #36 of 52 Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 AM
CPT
WRXtuners Member

CPT is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to CPT Send a message via MSN to CPT Send a message via Yahoo to CPT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
id have to advise against the cold air intake since the cobb map calls for stock intake only. if you choose to get a protune then an intake is good to go. also, the stock intake is cold air so its really not that big of a gain, actually its a loss in power in the lower rpm's. you could get away with a k&n drop in filter, it will free up a bit more airflow and bring out the sound of your bypass valve.
you beat me to it, AJ. seen this on the dyno with another subaru that HADan SPT intake.

AEM EMS Factory Trained
EFI-101 Graduate
Haltech Factory Trained
post #37 of 52 Old 03-16-2009, 01:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

lurch_7575 is an unknown
Well thanks alot for the filter info....true newbie at heart here...now if we were talking jeeps or paintball I would have the leg up.......so what about the exhaust?
post #38 of 52 Old 03-16-2009, 03:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Well thanks alot for the filter info....true newbie at heart here...now if we were talking jeeps or paintball I would have the leg up.......so what about the exhaust?
haha yea well next time im in baton rouge we can go paintball. as for exhaust, decide if you want it to be loud or quiet, stock looking or not. 07+ dont need an uppipe because they are for safety reasons since the cat may break and get into the turbo. 07+ uppipes are already catless so no need to worry about it (a few hp gain is debatable but whatever). i went catless downpipe because they are soooo much cheaper. i found that it works fine, i dont smell any exhaust or anything so i'd definitely recommend catless. and thats all there is to stage 2. if you wanna go spt cat-back, its probably the cheapest. i have one and i think it sounds perfect.

God is love
post #39 of 52 Old 03-16-2009, 09:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

lurch_7575 is an unknown
ok so you have the SPT cat-back an you like it. Well I want it quiet , i'm not into the loud sound.I bought the K&N drop in today. It is cheaper to get the exhaust from Performance or is there a cheaper way to go.So all I should get is the exhaust and not mess with the uppipes or downpipes right?
post #40 of 52 Old 03-17-2009, 04:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
ok so you have the SPT cat-back an you like it. Well I want it quiet , i'm not into the loud sound.I bought the K&N drop in today. It is cheaper to get the exhaust from Performance or is there a cheaper way to go.So all I should get is the exhaust and not mess with the uppipes or downpipes right?
dont worry about the uppipe, but the downpipe is where the restriction is, the catback does free up some flow also, but the downpipe really is whats required for stage 2. the downpipe is the pipe that goes straight from the turbo to the catback and the catback is the pipe from about below the front seats and back. let me know what you think about the filter ### i dont have one. im going to ask corr whether they think i should go with an intake or just a filter because some people claim that our intakes are pretty good on their own but then again they are based of the legacy gt intake which im pretty sure is garbage.

also, im the same as you, i wanted a normal sounding exhaust but the stock exhaust is soooo quiet i cant even hear it at all. i wasnt buying the spt for sound but i must admit it sounds great, not too loud but loud enough to hear. to get a good price on the exhaust, pm corr performance and ask them what they can price you. prices range IMMENSELY, dealership will charge $900, most websites will charge around $750, and i found mine on a site for $600 but they are not offering that price anymore. your best bet is to shop around and also see what corr can do for you.

God is love
post #41 of 52 Old 04-06-2009, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

JustTheTip is an unknown
I just bought an 04 STi this weekend and apparently it was tuned by the guys in New Orleans. I think I'm gonna make a trip down there soon and see if they remember the car and if they have any tips or pointers for my new DD.
post #42 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 02:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTheTip View Post
I just bought an 04 STi this weekend and apparently it was tuned by the guys in New Orleans. I think I'm gonna make a trip down there soon and see if they remember the car and if they have any tips or pointers for my new DD.
corr performance is right there in baton rouge

God is love
post #43 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 10:19 AM
CPT
WRXtuners Member

CPT is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTheTip View Post
what color was this STI? We've only tuned one STi and it was on the street before we had the AWD dyno.

JC

AEM EMS Factory Trained
EFI-101 Graduate
Haltech Factory Trained
post #44 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 10:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

JustTheTip is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT View Post
what color was this STI? We've only tuned one STi and it was on the street before we had the AWD dyno.

JC
White stock body. Its the one in my profile pic. The work was done in New Orleans I just need to find out by who. I am gonna be over there tomorrow but unfortunately wont have time to come by.

quick question: why is there a ethernet cable coming out of my headliner in the front driver corner? is that for bluetooth or tuning of any sort?

93 Integra (sold) :-(
04 Sti (stage 2)
Breaking names and taking hearts
post #45 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
Had to been put there by the previous owner. No telling what he used it for.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement