LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 52 Old 02-19-2009, 10:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

nolawrex is an unknown
hey ajtoce do you know anything about boost controllers and acces ports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 52 Old 02-19-2009, 01:20 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Read and research boost controllers, especially for the WRX. You cant just buy one, hook it up and run with it. Needs to be carefully tuned properly or you can cause severe damage to the engine.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #18 of 52 Old 02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

nolawrex is an unknown
yeah ive tried readingseveral things i always wind up getting confused just thought maybe if someone in person could explain it a little better

from what i understand you get the say boost controller of your choice and have it tuned according to your modifications
post #19 of 52 Old 02-20-2009, 04:04 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Yes if you go about doing that you should be fine. In that case though talk to the tuner and see what he has experience with and is comfortable with. Once tuned for it though, I wouldnt mess with it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #20 of 52 Old 03-02-2009, 01:58 PM
CPT
WRXtuners Member

CPT is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to CPT Send a message via MSN to CPT Send a message via Yahoo to CPT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolawrex View Post
yeah ive tried readingseveral things i always wind up getting confused just thought maybe if someone in person could explain it a little better

from what i understand you get the say boost controller of your choice and have it tuned according to your modifications
hit us up and we'll be happy to help you out.

AEM EMS Factory Trained
EFI-101 Graduate
Haltech Factory Trained
post #21 of 52 Old 03-03-2009, 07:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

ajtoce is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT View Post
hit us up and we'll be happy to help you out.
yea go to corr performance, they got the awd dyno, and from what i hear great customer service. ill be over there on saturday i think

God is love
post #22 of 52 Old 03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
CPT
WRXtuners Member

CPT is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to CPT Send a message via MSN to CPT Send a message via Yahoo to CPT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
yea go to corr performance, they got the awd dyno, and from what i hear great customer service. ill be over there on saturday i think
AJ, thanks for swinging by the shop. Looking forward to helping you out shortly with the CAP. Also, hoping to see that nice porsche soon as well.

Jay

AEM EMS Factory Trained
EFI-101 Graduate
Haltech Factory Trained
post #23 of 52 Old 03-12-2009, 04:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

lurch_7575 is an unknown
Hey guys i'm not only a new memeber on here but i'm new to New Orleans and this is my first WRX. I have a red 2008 5-door. I have done nothing to it except replace the door speakers.I'm stuck on doing anything to the car..yet.I used to own a Jeep with big tires ,lift kit...the works but when I moved down here the best job I could find was 40 miles away. I quickly convinced my wife to let me...yes I said let....buy a new car. I got the WRX. Love the car actually it's the first car I have ever owned. Lots of 4x4's in cleveland.I used to drive it 40 miles one way to work.I hated it but I have a new job now...I actually was able to get an operators job in NORCO.Now it's only 12 miles. I'm on the fence about doing any kind of mods since the 2009 came out with all it's pumped up glory.I'm not sure if I should just drive my car the way it is for acouple of years and trade it in on the STI now that I can afford one or do I have fun with it now. I know that I do not want to void the warranty. I do want the K&N filter and exhaust. The only place I know that does WRX work is Performance. Is there any other place that knows WRX's?. I also want to complete my stereo build. Anyone know of a good installer in the area to install the amp?
post #24 of 52 Old 03-12-2009, 01:42 PM
CPT
WRXtuners Member

CPT is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch_7575 View Post
Hey guys i'm not only a new memeber on here but i'm new to New Orleans and this is my first WRX. I have a red 2008 5-door. I have done nothing to it except replace the door speakers.I'm stuck on doing anything to the car..yet.I used to own a Jeep with big tires ,lift kit...the works but when I moved down here the best job I could find was 40 miles away. I quickly convinced my wife to let me...yes I said let....buy a new car. I got the WRX. Love the car actually it's the first car I have ever owned. Lots of 4x4's in cleveland.I used to drive it 40 miles one way to work.I hated it but I have a new job now...I actually was able to get an operators job in NORCO.Now it's only 12 miles. I'm on the fence about doing any kind of mods since the 2009 came out with all it's pumped up glory.I'm not sure if I should just drive my car the way it is for acouple of years and trade it in on the STI now that I can afford one or do I have fun with it now. I know that I do not want to void the warranty. I do want the K&N filter and exhaust. The only place I know that does WRX work is Performance. Is there any other place that knows WRX's?. I also want to complete my stereo build. Anyone know of a good installer in the area to install the amp?
Lurch_7575, nice to see another Subaru in the NOLA area.

Say man I know a few ppl that have been in the audio scene for a long time. These guys work at stereo shops that do great work. Also as for the performance mods I can also point u in the right direction.

Alberto

AEM EMS Factory Trained
EFI-101 Graduate
Haltech Factory Trained
post #25 of 52 Old 03-12-2009, 07:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

lurch_7575 is an unknown
Thanks CPT for offering to point me in the right direction...point away my friend. I made sure to become good friends with Pat and his daughter at Performance...they really are nice people. Pat has hooked me up with good prices....like when I had to replace my windshield. As for my stereo I already put the component speakers in I just want to run an amp to power them to take the load off of the HU.Putting speakers in is one thing wiring amps is another. I'm still undecided on the factory sub. I think it would help give alittle bottom . I'm not ready to start getting crazy with the system . I just want a clean system with out alot of mods that I can actually hear with the windows down. I hated the fact that the factory radio goes to 40 but gets distorted over 34. I'm also looking for a good price on K&N or SPT cold air intake and a SPT exhaust. Like I said I want to keep it clean and simple .
post #26 of 52 Old 03-12-2009, 08:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

i have an 08 sedan and i think you should go with a turbo back exhaust(thats downpipe and catback exhaust) because its pretty much the most restrictive thing on the car, especially 08+. its actually kinda rediculous how small and restrictive the stock exhaust is. also, if you want to make a little more power and not void your warranty you can get a cobb accessport and even stock you can tune your ecu to stage 1. if you want to go with the new exhaust you can tune to stage 2. im currently at stage 2 and its definitely worth the money (thats coming from a starving college student!) and im waiting on my homies at CPT to tell me something about a new turbo.

p.s. Jay what is CAP?

God is love
post #27 of 52 Old 03-13-2009, 02:28 AM
CPT
WRXtuners Member

CPT is an unknown
Quote:
i have an 08 sedan and i think you should go with a turbo back exhaust(thats downpipe and catback exhaust) because its pretty much the most restrictive thing on the car, especially 08+. its actually kinda rediculous how small and restrictive the stock exhaust is. also, if you want to make a little more power and not void your warranty you can get a cobb accessport and even stock you can tune your ecu to stage 1. if you want to go with the new exhaust you can tune to stage 2. im currently at stage 2 and its definitely worth the money (thats coming from a starving college student!) and im waiting on my homies at CPT to tell me something about a new turbo.

p.s. Jay what is CAP?
Cobb Access Port

AEM EMS Factory Trained
EFI-101 Graduate
Haltech Factory Trained
post #28 of 52 Old 03-13-2009, 03:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT View Post
Cobb Access Port
ahhh my gosh i knew i was gonna sound like an idiot for asking that. i couldnt figure it out for the life of me, but i knew when you said it i would be like oh yea thats obvious. haha yea im def. looking forward to it also, tell alberto to get on that vrf52 ### the deal i found was for $800 brand new shipped and its getting more and more enticing

God is love
post #29 of 52 Old 03-13-2009, 08:54 AM
CPT
WRXtuners Member

CPT is an unknown
Quote:
ahhh my gosh i knew i was gonna sound like an idiot for asking that. i couldnt figure it out for the life of me, but i knew when you said it i would be like oh yea thats obvious. haha yea im def. looking forward to it also, tell alberto to get on that vrf52 ### the deal i found was for $800 brand new shipped and its getting more and more enticing
I asked all of the guys I knew and none of them could get me a price on a VF52. Where/whom are you getting that unit from?

Alberto

AEM EMS Factory Trained
EFI-101 Graduate
Haltech Factory Trained
post #30 of 52 Old 03-13-2009, 09:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

lurch_7575 is an unknown
OK this might be a dumb question but do I have to leave the CAP hooked up or is it a one time programing?