Performance Shops? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-07-2007, 12:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

deftonesfan7 is an unknown
Performance Shops?

Hey i was wondering where in the Denver Metro area (broomfield'ish") where there are some good performance shops to order parts from? i was looking into doing a suspension upgrade right now cause im content with the power for the moment but i kind of want the performance on the cornering and stuff. Since no-one answered my thread in the regular forums i thought i would try here.
Also, what would be a good suspension upgrade to go with? i want some shocks and swaybars. I was a little while back talking to a guy from another state who told me that through subaru i could order upgraded shocks from the sti. But every time i go in there they have no idea what im talking about. So can someone please give me a little advice on some packages or companies that make some good stuff.
Thanks.

My car here -> www.cardomain.com/ride/2465242
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-07-2007, 04:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

chevarian113 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to chevarian113
Wow... Ok... first of all before you start throwing money away, learn a little about the suspension build and options first. Learn exactly how you want it to handle and start attacking one part at a time. I would take it to a track where you can feel what little things you do and dont like. If it is understeer, hit that first, if its body roll, go there... But figure out exactly what you want. Get some good tires and if you want to keep under warranty, the sti springs can be good. Do some searches on here and you will see many reviews and opinions on them. I personally would go for coilovers instead of springs, but see the handling tech and read the great things that Big SKy has to say.

As for shops around here, there are many. Go to www.awdpirates.net first. Join it and get more local. It is a great site for us locally with a lot of events going on multiple times a week. There is Flatirons tuning in Boulder, and my personal favorite just because Dave is such a great guy (said only to please Nick haha) is Speedy Roopair. There is also a shop in Boulder called Super Rupair with a guy (car God) named Harvey that is the performance guy to go to.

All in all, research around a little before throwing money out the door.
#3 Old 04-05-2009, 07:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXMonster08 is an unknown
Response

Go to Mac Autosports in Parker. They are the best tuners in Colorado and handle the most Subarus on the West Coast. Ask for Nick and he can help out. They are also the only ones in Colorado with an AWD dyno.
#4 Old 06-12-2010, 06:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

whodatbe is an unknown
Tobz Performance in Longmont is another place with an AWD dyno, taking my car there this coming Thursday to get my tune. They are charging a hundred bucks less than Mac Autosports. I've heard a bunch of good and bad things about mac.

When I called Mac to find out the price of a tune they tried selling me a manual boost controller before even telling me what I wanted to know. I wasn't calling to be sold something I didn't want. By them doing that it turned me off from going to them. But I talked to Mitch at Tobz and that's where I will end up.