An Awesome Track day for you from GO4ItRacing - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-08-2007, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

nick4592 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to nick4592 Send a message via MSN to nick4592 Send a message via Yahoo to nick4592
An Awesome Track day for you from GO4ItRacing

This is from Jon at Flatiron Subaru..HUGE thanks to him for helping make this happen again...ALL CARS (makes and models) are welcome!!!

To the car enthusiast who wants to learn more about their car and have a good time:

"Well folks, I don't know how he did it, and honestly, I don't think I want to know because he may have to kill me if he told me, but Michael of Go 4 It Racing School was able to get us the CSP track on Sunday the 11th of November.

After talking to a number of people, it does seem like the distance to drive out to La Junta was a big reason that we didn't get the turn-out that we needed to make that happen, so now we will be much closer to home in Golden.

Oh, and did I mention that they just paved the CSP track Shocked

Basically, the format will be the same as the previous track day. The cost is $150 per car. We will do car control drills in the morning, and then open track time in the afternoon. And just like the La Junta Track day, any car is welcome, so dust off the Stuedabaker if you want to.

The one thing is that since we will be out in November, there is a chance of snow. At this time, I think that even if it snows, we will still go ahead with the event, and just do a winter driving class instead. But hopefully the car gods will smile upon us, and give us good weather.

I spoke with Michael, and if we are snowed out, we will either issue a refund, or re-schedule (right now it looks like the 18th may be open as well). So don't worry about the snow Santa

Also, if you are interested in attending, please don't wait too long to sign up. Just like last time, because we are putting this on ourselves, we can only make this happen if we have people sign up for it. To make things easier in that regard, we will be taking registration on our web site, or if you like, I can still e-mail you a registration form, and you can send a check to Go 4 It Racing School. Which ever works best for you...

We will be doing a tech inspection again just to make sure that your car is in good/safe running condition, but this time to make things simpler, I think we'll try to do it first thing in the morning.

Also, helmets with a ANSI/SNELL 95 or newer rating will be required for all drivers.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'll update this first post with more information as it becomes available.

See you at the track

Driving

J. Cooley "

Here's the orginal Thread http://www.awdpirates.net/phpBB2/vie...=520476#520476

Here's where you go to sign up
http://www.flatironstuning.com/shop/...1-11-2007.aspx

"Life's a bowl of punch so go ahead and Spike it!" -311
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-15-2007, 03:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

HUMANPIE is an unknown
This sounds cool. I have never tracked my car before but would like to try it to get more famlier with my car.

It mentions "car control drills" does this mean it's kind of like a class structure in the morning besides just following an instructor on the track? Because i know nothing about tracking and some instruction would be nice.

Also, I understand if I rotate my tires throughout the day it helps equal out the wear. But how much will this shorten the miles left on my tires (assume moderate aggression on track day)? I only have about 3,000 miles on my Toyo Proxie 4's and cant afford to change my tires again real soon. Thanks
post #3 of 3 Old 02-02-2008, 09:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

Boostbuddy is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Boostbuddy Send a message via Yahoo to Boostbuddy
Talking

We rented it again...check out the Rocky Mountain Shoot