Subaru WRX Forum banner

Illinois Wrx owners

19K views 58 replies 34 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
Well im new to the whole wrx world but not new to tuners.com had a dsm and part of dsmtuners.com and always turned out a big success. Does anyone hold any events or any get togethers. We would hang out 3-4 days of the week and chill out. Let me know if anyone wants to plan anything since the nicer days are coming up.
Eric.

#27 ·
Subie runnin these streets in Aurora!

Whats up everyone? I live in Aurora and you all have no idea how much I have been wanting to get some new cars to come out with us. I am always with a 04 Neon Srt-4, and I am always with a 03 Lancer Evo 8, and another guy we roll wit gots a VW R32 Supercharged and an rx7(Strictly Race Car). Well anyone want to get up with me and the crew one of these days let me know. Aurora is where we are at, and we usually go out "cruisin" to the spots on Saturdays. Well anyone around Aurora let me know whats good. Hit up the cell 16304500475!!! Laterz And I hope to mae some subie friends on here soon. Jimmy

#36 ·
Im From Elgin and I frequent rockford sometimes on the weekends. I would definitely be up for a drive to meet up with some other subie enthusiasts soon...Check out the cars, car talk....ya know, guy stuff lol. Also, im big on pictures, creating montages, etc. I was thinking of maybe getting a calander together of our cars if we can get enough people to come out. Then sell the calanders to whoever wants one. Ive done this before with my 71 olds on another forum, the hardest thing is picking a sunny day that works around everyone's schedules.

#38 ·
Every Friday there is a huge cruise night in Rolling Meadows. It's located just east of 53 on Kirchoff road. There are literally hundreds of cars from Lamborghini's to Lead Sleds, everyone's welcome.

I went last week and there was another Black WRX that parked next to me. Here is the address of the Taco Bell that borders the parking lot. You can't miss it. It would be cool to have a few Subaru's there.

2997 Kirchoff Rd
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008

#39 ·
Carol stream 08 sedan WRX owner here had her for almost 1 year.

I have seen one 08 blue hatch WRX, one black sedan WRX, one white, and one red STI, I see tons of 02+ on daily basis and it feels good to see older model WRX owners giving me thumbs up every time I drive past.

If you guys who live around here and want to gather a meet, I know a place In WINFIELD (easily accessible by north avenue). There is plenty of parking spots as well.

#46 ·
Details on parade.

Subaru of America, in participation with the Village of Itasca, will attempt to set a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ record for the “Largest Parade of Subaru Cars” in the world on July 11, 2009.

The opportunity to be part of this historic event is open to all Subaru owners. Participants are welcome to decorate their cars (not required), bring family and friends, and even your pet to ride in your Subaru during the parade. We will have an official adjudicator from GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ to observe and confirm this record.

In addition to setting a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ record, Subaru Great Lakes Region will make a donation of $15 per Subaru that participates in the parade to two great organizations. The total donation will be shared equally between PAWS Chicago and Salute, Inc. For more information on these groups, click on the logos to the left or visit PAWS Chicago and www.saluteinc.org.

Event Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009
Event Time: 8:00 a.m. participant check-in
(rain or shine)
Register by: Wednesday, July 8, 2009
(advanced registration required, open to the first 500 cars/drivers registered)

CLICK HERE TO REGISTERSubaru of America, Inc.

Following this exciting event, participants are welcome to attend Itasca Fest. This fest includes live entertainment, carnival rides, food, bingo, kids’ entertainment, a three-on-three basketball tournament, and NASA’s “Journey to Tomorrow” exhibit. For more information click on the Village of Itasca link to the left or visit Itasca, IL - Official Website.

Participants are also eligible to receive a special event room rate of $89 per night* at The Westin Chicago Northwest hotel. For your convenience, this four-star, four-diamond hotel is located within walking distance from the start of the parade. To make your reservation, simply click on the Westin Hotels and Resorts logo to the left.

#47 ·
Im all registered...im just wondering if there will be any kind of show/meet&greet after the parade. Id love to check out some other subies!! Yeah I really like the 09s too! Waaaay better than the 08s (im pretty sure the piston issue was fixed from 08 to 09 also). Im happy with my 07 though :) Just need to save up 4500 for my STI tranny swap....more $$ :( ....its an addiction I guess, never satisfied

#48 ·
What did you guys think? I had fun checking out everyones cars, that parade was kinda ridiculous.....thought it was pretty short.....and what was up with us sitting on that road for so long? One guy popped a coolant hose in his WRX. I helped push him off into a parking lot.... overall it was fun. Nowhere near the record though...I think it was somewhere around 450 subies, well short of 1000. What was that red bus-looking thing? It was kinda cool lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.