Subaru WRX Forum banner

i am looking for a wrx

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  VD5505 
#1 ·
hey i am looking for a wrx preferably a 04 05 i live in the Milwaukee WI area any one looking to sell one or know where i could find one the help will be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
This looks good if he's got papers for the rebuild and minimal mods. Red is rare.
04 Subaru WRX

This one looks beautiful but a bit pricey, low miles too. It's owned by a kid so be especially careful.
2005 Subaru WRX Stock 40,000Miles

Basically keep an eye on craigslist and autotrader for a month or two to see what kind of prices to expect, so when you see a good deal you can jump on it. I would suggest going to look at a couple you know you WON'T buy so you get a feel for them and won't jump the gun buying the first one you see. And always buy as stock as possible.

#3 ·
It took me 4 months to finally pull the trigger on my 05. I agree with Chase, test drive a few first so you know what you are getting. I had to drive to Des Moies, IA to get mine (Almost went ot Vegas). My advice is be ready to buy one when you find it. They seem to last a very short time (Usually not over a weekend). Good Luck!!

#6 ·
Try and find one that is the closest to stock. Give it a good look over under the hood, under the car, and also the interior. If a guy really cares about his car he will keep the interior in great shape as well as the rest of the car. Look to make sure the car has not been modded then back to stock, look for heat shields on the exhaust to see if the stock ones are still on there, and as well as the up pipe. You can look at the heads of some bolts to see if they have been taken off and on alot around the car. just some pointers for you. Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.