hey i am shopping for a wrx or sti - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-04-2010, 09:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

drivecraz12 is an unknown
hey i am shopping for a wrx or sti

i am shoppnig for a wrx or sti when i came across this i was wondering if there is something wrong here if u can help thanks

2006 Subaru WRX STi AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-04-2010, 09:55 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
From his description it seems like he took it directly from the subaru website, making it seem like its stock. The only thing that makes me wonder is the fact he says the interior is black. ALL STIs have the black on blue interior unless either swapped or an 07 STI Limited that had leather interior. See if you can get some pics from him and post up on here. Other than that test drive it and see how it shifts and drives. Thats a extrmely cheap low mileage STI also which makes me wonder.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 02-04-2010, 10:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
6600 for a 44k mile STi, that's gotta be a salvage or a desperation sell. Definitely run a carfax on that one.

-Chris
#4 Old 02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I think that's a scammer ad. They ask you to send a money order right away and the car doesn't even exist.

The ad has been removed, so I think I'm on to something.

If you're looking at used WRX's or STI's, the easiest way to tell if the car has been modified or not is to look for the stock heat shield(little metal piece with the cartoon hand on it). They have to be cut in order to fit an aftermarket downpipe on. They also attach using like 8 screws, so they're hard to put back on once removed.

If it's removed or cut, you know the car has been modified. Modified cars aren't bad if the owner can tell you the history. If it's modified and sitting at a used car lot, move along.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#5 Old 02-07-2010, 02:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

jed344 is an unknown
agree'd i will never buy a modded car from a car lot but if the owner can explain the history and have proof aswell then they can be safe buys sometimes.