Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Midwest WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f80/)
-   -   Any Columbus, Ohio Subi's reppin it? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f80/any-columbus-ohio-subis-reppin-26681/)

1_bad_WRX 07-17-2009 07:48 PM

Any Columbus, Ohio Subi's reppin it?

I just got an 06 WRX and im tryin to find some people who's big into the Subaru Game. There's a few at Slowmotion Motorsports but what's goin down in the streets? lmk if theres a subi club in Columbus.

psinuse 11-08-2009 05:35 PM

[url=http://www.centralohiosubarus.com/forums/index.php?]Board Message[/url]

airplnmdls 11-09-2009 07:46 AM

Hey Hey Welcome! Well I'm sorta close in Dayton! Drive by C-bus all the time to go home to Cleveland lol...

09wrxboy 11-09-2009 11:24 AM

Subie Clubs

There is a Subaru-founded club which now has members with different cars called Forced4s. This club is in Cleveland, Ohio. I know it's not that close to Columbus, but the club was originally started by a group of Subaru guys and has expanded to have members with Evo's and Srt4s. The general similarity of the club members is that they are all 4cyl force inducted cars. During the summer and possibly still going on, they would meet up every Thursday around 7pm at Quaker Steak & Lube up in Cleveland off of Rockside Road on Valley View Road. There is usually a pretty good group of cars that would show up there every week. I'm not sure if they are still meeting right now with the weather getting colder and everything, but if anybody is interested, I can stop by there one Thursday night and see if it still going on. Either reply to this post or send me a message if you are interested.

airplnmdls 11-09-2009 01:01 PM

Yeah I've looked at that site a couple of months ago, and I totally would go, except being down at school kinda kills it :(

airplnmdls 11-09-2009 01:08 PM

And actually... [url=http://www.forced4s.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1168]Forced4s.com • View topic - 2009-2010 New Location: The Boneyard! on Wednesdays![/url]
Apparently The Bone Yard in Mayfield Heights is the new spot this year on Wednesdays @ 6, I guess they were having some issues with QS&L....that's better though anyways because my house is about 2 min. from there! lol

09wrxboy 11-09-2009 10:21 PM

oh ok, I didn't know about that. It's been a long time since I have met up with all of them. I'm down to go, just need to know exactly where it is. But I won't be able to make it till around 830 because I have class from 5:20 till 7:50 in Akron. I'm sure they have directions on how to get there on their club's website. Thanks for the update.

airplnmdls 11-10-2009 11:28 AM

Well pretty much get on I-271 heading east and get off at the Mayfield Rd exit (its like exit 32-34) and then west on mayfield. The Boneyard will be on your left within a couple of minutes...
And yeah I actually haven't met up with them at all yet :( I just found out about them a couple of months ago...I registered on the forums again yesterday but I still am not getting a confirmation email with my account being approved :(

Deli_B 11-10-2009 07:14 PM

Personal experience with Forced4s...This group is great. I just got my 05 rex back in August and quickly hit the forums to find a community and hope to find locals. Yes we have moved to Mayfield heights which is kind of a bummer being that I am in Cuyahoga Falls, but its worth it. They are real nice and knowledgeable. Granted not every member is a subie owner, over 50% is tho, but everyone is super knowledgeable about cars and are willing to help one another with things. Give it a try, every Weds. at 7 at the Boneyard in Mayfield.

09wrxboy 11-11-2009 08:56 AM

that's cool. ya some of the subies that Forced4s has are sick and the guys are pretty cool in general from the ones I have talked to before. How late do you guys stay out there at the Boneyard on Wednesdays? I have class till 8 and I would come up there after that if you guys will be there. I could get there around 830ish on Wednesdays, depending on when I get out of my class.

Deli_B 11-11-2009 09:28 PM

Tonight I left around 9:30 lil after. It depends on how talkative everyone is. It was to cold for me so I left earlier than others. Come next week man. We meet back and to the right of the bar. You will see people with Forced4s gear on. You can come already fed or you can come hungry and buy food.

Hope to see you there man

09wrxboy 11-11-2009 11:04 PM

Okay I will try and make it out there next week.

airplnmdls 11-12-2009 08:05 AM

Hey Deli_B, do you know any of the admins for forced4? Because i'm still waiting on them to approve my account before I can login or post anything :( My username on there is the same as here... Can you shoot them an email? I can't seem to find an email address to send a message to... And When I come home for thanksgiving break on that Wed., I'm gonna try to make it out there! Since it'll probably be cold, are you guys outside by your cars for a while or do you go straight in?

Deli_B 11-12-2009 02:33 PM

^airpinmdls, I pmed one of the guys so hopefully I will get something back soon. Usually what happens is that people get their either before or after 7 and go right in. They go into the bar area in the back and in the corner on the right. We eat, drink, chat, and then go play games. Some guys play some others like myself just watch. Then people say they are ready to leave, which means we are moving outside for a while and chat some more. Everyone likes to run their cars for sometime before they leave.

Like I said I am pretty new there and everyone has been cool so you have nothing to worried about.

How to see you make it out on Weds.

airplnmdls 11-12-2009 02:52 PM

Awesome thanks!! Cya in a couple of weeks!