Subaru WRX Forum banner

Wellsboro Rally America 2014 Meet

11K views 51 replies 9 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
Since you all know I'm a rally troll....I got a fb update today from Rally America saying they released 2014's rally dates with a new event not yet named to be added to the calendar in the next few weeks. But, the establish rally of the Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally that I have gone to for the past 4 years has its date set for 2014.

So, anyone that wants to come and check it out doesn't have an excuse that they were not given enough time. This is 10 months in advance and I can supply plenty of rally video links if you want to have any idea what rally is about.

The big news is that the Rally will by June 6th and 7th of 2014. Yes, that is a Friday and a Saturday. Not much happens on Friday besides a parc expose and 3 very technical stages that you can't spectate on unless you get a VIP pass for. Which the VIP pass only lets you see stage 1 and stage 1 in reverse, which is stage 3 from a spectator corner and you get taken to the site via a bus from the Tioga County Fairgrounds. The end of Friday is two Super Special Stages inside the Tioga County Fairgrounds that you....yes have to pay to get inside the seating area to watch. But, its an actual stage that you can watch from beginning to end. Its short stage, but can offer lots of excitement with the top guys get on it.

Saturday is going to be the big day of lots of stages and even a couple service breaks for the crews. Plenty of public spectating spots on the stages and lots of driving out into the country. LOL. But, its free all day up until the last stage of the day back at the Tioga County Fairgrounds with the last two stages of the day at the super special again. Which sometimes can make or break the winner. Then if you like to hang around long enough...you can see the awards ceremonies for the overall winners (normally the open class cars), the super production class winners, and the 2wd winners.

Sunday you can go home or you can stick around and check out the PA Grand Canyon before going home if you have little ones and want to make it a even more diverse family trip then just seeing rally cars. LOL, some kids might enjoy that and others may not. So, there is plenty of options up there and a whole lot of no or shitty cell phone service while out on the stages. If I can remember I want to get a handheld shortwave or CB scanner this year. You can listen to the rally crews talk and race control if you pick up the right frequency. Sometimes this is helpful if a stage is closed due to an accident somewhere the spectators can not see.

At any rate, its a fun time and normally I wouldn't worry about booking a room until after the new year...sometimes the hotels can book out. Oh yeah...I can't make any promises if Ken Block will be back...if you like that kind of thing. But, there will be plenty of awesome rally cars to check out from all shapes and sizes. Its a good time. Hope to get a few of you guys to go. Its up near the NY state line in PA just a bit to the west of Williamsport. Its a three hour haul for me to make it up there. So, no complaints about drive time. I saw people with New Jersey plates up there last year and further away. :p

Links:
http://rally-america.com/news/entry/2014-rally-america-national-championship-calendar-released

http://www.stpr.org/

See less See more
#9 ·
I'm pretty sure I have Joshua convinced and I convinced his wife. FOL. He just needs approval to get a three day weekend from his base when he gets home to be 100% sure he is a go. I know its early to say yes, but it's early to get you guys thinking about it.

Reactions: BLAZE2099
#19 ·
I think the hotel I've stayed at the past three years was around $133 a night? They had a hotel built right behind them and that dropped the price. There are some in town...but, Mansfield has the best phone reception for AT&T. Plus, you can use the hotel wifi. Out on the stages you won't get much phone reception except for tioga county fairgrounds.

#22 ·
I'm sure there is...I haven't explored that option because it was either just me or the wife. But, most places have a watering hole nearby. The first year we stayed across the NY border and bought booze in NY. Got drunk in the hotel room. Haha, but I'm sure we could find a place. Can't drink on the stages because it's a state park. PA kills the fun. But, once we're done with the rally we could more than likely meet up for drinks. I'm thinking Joshua is bringing the family though. That way he can adventure to the PA Grand Canyon on Sunday in case the kids/wife don't think the rally was family friendly enough. Lol.

#23 ·

I figure you guys might need some inspiration....this video was from this past weekend at the last event of the 2014 LSPR rally in northern Michigan.

Ken's car after the roll...

#31 ·
My wife, me and a bunch of my buddies from PA will be there. Doing the camping thing. Nothing like living in the wild for a few days while hunting down spectator spots. Trying to get all the suby from Drum to follow us down. CNYsubies has a gathering heading down as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.