Subaru WRX Forum banner

Summer 2013 WRXTuners Meet!

37K views 296 replies 18 participants last post by  rainbow_gernade 
#1 ·
As fun and exciting as Hershey Park was last year, I propose we do something different (and hopefully less expensive) this year. I'm thinking something a little more low key such as a bbq/cookout somewhere in the MD/PA area, possibly followed by a cruise through some back roads. Anybody have any suggestions for locations that might work? Anybody have a big ass house? ROFL

As far as dates, let's shoot for early September before summer is officially over and school gets too intense. More specifically, let's set aside a Sunday afternoon so Kirt and other people with normal M-F jobs can attend and people have enough time to drive there without having to wake up too early. Do any of these dates work or not work for you guys?

Sunday, September 1
Sunday, September 8
Sunday, September 15

Personally, I could probably make any of those days work.

I know at least a couple of you have expressed some interest in a Mid-Atlantic gathering of some sort, so this will be it. Raise your hands or throw out ideas and we'll get this ball rolling... finally :p

Heritage Farm Park in Walkersville, Maryland is one option: Town Of Walkersville, Maryland

See less See more
#257 ·
Consolidated info post #3.14:

Sunday, September 8, 2013 (the day after tomorrow!)
Gifford Pinchot State Park, PA
Cookout/kickball from around 11ish until whenever
Conewago Day Use Area (East side w/ softball field by some picnic tables somewhere, possibly a pavilion)

Backup plan: none, the weather looks awesome :D

VIPs
John "man show" 07 WRX (solo)
Tyler "06 hawk eye" 06 WRX (plus girlfriend)
Randy "BLAZE2099" 11 WRX (plus wife)
Kirt "turmic" 06 STi (plus fiance)
Daniel "mosc" 04 STi (plus girlfriend)
Cody "Am I Cool Yet?" 09 WRX (solo)
Steve 09 WRX (plus friend)

Supplies
Daniel: turkey dogs and Hebrew Nationals
Tyler: burgers, dogs, case of water, sodas, desserts, official adult kickball
Randy: side, chips, brats, diet sodas
Kirt: burgers, side
John: lawn darts, plates, utensils, paper towels, trash bags, veggie tray, POTATO BUNS!!!
Cody: charcoal, ice, a few cigars
Steve: meat

Cody, Steve, and I are meeting up around 8 and caravanning from Fred rock. We should be there in roughly 1.75 hours from 8ish... roundabout 10ish, probably closer to 11. If anybody who lives closer ::ahem:: Kirt ::ahem:: wants to stop by a few minutes earlier to scope things out and possibly acquire a pavilion if it's available, that would be awesome.

What are everyone's driving plans?

Side note: anyone else in the area, feel free to stop by. We're a friendly bunch :)

Also, somebody bring a camera. I want photo evidence that we were all together again.

#259 ·
I'm leaving my house around eight, I should be there early. Do they have a number to call and see if somebody has reserved one that were looking at using,

I'll bring sausage rolls for the brats.

We sold our camera because phones are good enough for our use, plus they are now making phone attachments like fish eye lenses and crap= awesome!

But don't have any yet, ### the new iPhone comes out in like a week or so.

I really ###### hate these stupid ###### things!!! #,#
............^ really................ ...............,,,. ^ number

#261 ·
I have already, pretzel salad stuff- side desert
Bratwurst and buns for them- meat and bread.

Think I'll just grab soda and chips on the way.
I'm super busy today finishing painting my house and spit shining my car.

Tyler, you getting regular soda and I'm grabbing diet? I got confused somewhere within the thread.

#264 ·
Got a small cooler in the trunk plus a big bag cooler, got brats, pretzel stuff, than I'll get the rest in the am.

Car is all but detailed;)

EDIT: stealing my children's hot shoes and rings along with stakes for them. Not heavy but I think we can make them work

Reactions: man show
#279 ·
Some people forgot this part. FOL

I'm fan of imgur: the simple image sharer

Meet looked fun. Sorry, I couldn't make it. Too many car troubles. A leaking radiator and power steering problems on the WRX, did a much overdue oil change on her and replaced my tie rod on my Outback this weekend, and I have yet to get it aligned.
One of these times we'll get you on a weekend that your cars are in better shape and that you are available. :)

Really wish I could have been there guys...Looks like it was fun though.
We'll get you to a meet one of these times too.

I have the line up photos too. The only thing else I have is photos of us taking photos of each other. FOL

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#268 ·
Three hours down and two back up for us, nice to meet some new faces. And revisit with us old heads.

Tons of pics to come.....plus a few special pics for the MOD, haha FOL

That wagon found Jennie on FB and said they should have came back to our meet. Gave us props on our nice wrxs

#274 ·
List of awards from this year's meet that I get to take home:
1) last to arrive/first to leave
2) dirtiest car
3) dirtiest air filter
4) biggest hood scoop :p
5) laziest headlight cleaner (thanks again Randy FOL)
6) weirdest food requests (turkey dogs and hebrew nationals)
7) worst car identification by exhaust sound :(
8) Quietest exhaust (Randy's catback was... interesting
9) OLDEST CAR! (but far from highest mileage)
10) OLDEST ATTENDEE!

wow, my car and I went and got old somewhere along the way...

I took the most pictures. I still don't know how to post pictures worth a damn online. Anybody? Uploading them all here is a bitch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.