Subaru WRX Forum banner

Summer 2013 WRXTuners Meet!

37K views 296 replies 18 participants last post by  rainbow_gernade 
#1 ·
As fun and exciting as Hershey Park was last year, I propose we do something different (and hopefully less expensive) this year. I'm thinking something a little more low key such as a bbq/cookout somewhere in the MD/PA area, possibly followed by a cruise through some back roads. Anybody have any suggestions for locations that might work? Anybody have a big ass house? ROFL

As far as dates, let's shoot for early September before summer is officially over and school gets too intense. More specifically, let's set aside a Sunday afternoon so Kirt and other people with normal M-F jobs can attend and people have enough time to drive there without having to wake up too early. Do any of these dates work or not work for you guys?

Sunday, September 1
Sunday, September 8
Sunday, September 15

Personally, I could probably make any of those days work.

I know at least a couple of you have expressed some interest in a Mid-Atlantic gathering of some sort, so this will be it. Raise your hands or throw out ideas and we'll get this ball rolling... finally :p

Heritage Farm Park in Walkersville, Maryland is one option: Town Of Walkersville, Maryland

See less See more
#4 ·
Hmmmm biggest issue I have is work, seems they decided to tell me that August is the last month I am allowed to take a vacation even though I had one scheduled for Sept. 7-15. Fing hate that place.

#28 ·
Just throwing it out there but there is a place called long level about 30 mins from me it's a boating marina along the Susquehanna river. Plenty of picnic tables forget if there is a pavilion tho. It's a great view right on the river. Or there is plenty of places at the lower end of the county. If lancaster is a destination that would work for some people.. I can look into some other places around here that'll work

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#30 ·
If its a park or something we might have to make sure we don't get kicked out 15 mins after setting up shop. That meet that John did on my birthday worked out a deal with that one park in MD. But, it was about 1 hour and 45 mins away from me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#31 ·
I have rickets glen water fall trail about 45 from me, it's an awesome hike with a lake on top the mountain with a beach and picnic areas along with paddle boats and kayaks to rent.
The falls are the best part though

Reactions: man show
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.