Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Mid Atlantic WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f79/)
-   -   STi vs Cobalt (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f79/sti-vs-cobalt-31583/)

STIster 11-09-2011 04:29 PM

STi vs Cobalt

There is this kid with a Chevy Cobalt SS turbo, he claims to be sponsored by Turbo XS and wants to race me.
Based on what he told me, the car is tuned to 360hp, 340ft-lbs of torque. Mind you, this kid works at a KFC, the car does not look like a sponsored car at all.
He said the engine is fully built.
What do you guys think?

ps. I do not street race.

cwinterbower 11-09-2011 04:45 PM

[quote=STIster;270806]There is this kid with a Chevy Cobalt SS turbo, he claims to be sponsored by Turbo XS and wants to race me.
Based on what he told me, the car is tuned to 360hp, 340ft-lbs of torque. Mind you, this kid works at a KFC, the car does not look like a sponsored car at all.
What do you guys think?

ps. I do not street race.[/quote]

...only one way to find out I always say. If he beats you, meh he has a fast car. If you beat him you can forever make him feel like a tool who claims to have something he obviously doesn't. If he has a Cobalt making 360hp he is going to take you on a 1/4, not out of the gate as a front wheel drive car with 360hp is going to slide around like a kid on a banana peel, as well as give him so much torque steer it isn't funny.

..The longer this sits in my head the funnier it is, what makes TurboXS wanna sponsor 'random kids' Cobalt anyway? Does he race? A cooperate company is not just going to start handing out parts, unless he is making them money, ie race/giant stickers(sponsored decals), etc. But it is amusing.

RcrsWetDream 11-09-2011 10:06 PM

Take him to the track and see what happens..... If he's what he says he is then he'll go. If not, well there's your answer - tool.

Klone 11-09-2011 10:46 PM

[quote=STIster;270806]There is this kid with a Chevy Cobalt SS turbo, he claims to be sponsored by Turbo XS and wants to race me.
What do you guys think?

ps. I do not street race.[/quote]

i say pwn his a$$ if he goes !Thumbs Up

pzr2874 11-10-2011 05:56 AM

Depends if it's the SC'd or TC'd one.

I have seen really fast turbo Cobalts. The SC'd one... not so much.

RcrsWetDream 11-10-2011 08:33 AM

^They're just like SRT-4's though.....Too much power and FWD makes for a pretty crappy drag race. That's why 90% of all videos of SRT-4's and Cobalt SS's are highway pulls against WRX/Mustang/EVO. They can actually hook in 3rd gear at 50 mph.

STIster 11-10-2011 08:50 AM

I was waiting for him last night and he never showed up. Well, all I have to do is wait now. I will see if I get some video footage and post it.

mosc 11-10-2011 09:14 AM

this is exactly the kind of content we don't want on this forum. Closed.