Morgantown, WV local group - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-13-2006, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Morgantown, WV local group

I want to post this to let anyone passing through these forums to know we do have a group here. Although unofficial atm, the group does consist of several WRX enthusists. We're all mostly connected through AIM and have started to get together randomly. You'll find our members scattered throughout including facebook, wvstreets, and nasioc.

We'd love no more than to hear from you even if it's simply to meet other owners. I will try to post all get togethers on here, although at any Morgantown wvstreets (general car enthusist group) meet, you'll find a few there, including myself.

Three of us meet almost every weekend, while a larger meet is planned for the spring. Another SOA sponsored fun run is also in the works for the spring. Post a message and introduce yourself or PM me if you feel the need to do so.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-21-2006, 10:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yenko is an unknown
Also from 757

Just registered today, first posting. Would also like to meet with other WRX owners in Hampton Roads.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-22-2006, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Vew

I think you're in the wrong thead. Hampton Road, VA is quite far from Morgantown.

Also, there's a mini morgantown subaru meet this Friday at 7 o'clock. We're meeting in the parking lot adjacent to Star Bucks on Patterson Drive where the Flying Fish is. We'll decide on a place to eat then. 02/24/06

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...=942355&page=2

Jon
RIP Colin McRae
post #4 of 9 Old 04-03-2006, 11:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

170typhoon is an unknown
new owner here! just got a 06 wrx wagon this weekend! would love to meet up and chat with some other owners!
post #5 of 9 Old 04-05-2006, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Vew

Whoo, +1 to the mountain state!

our next meet
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...8#post13309058

Jon
RIP Colin McRae
post #6 of 9 Old 04-21-2006, 01:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Okeyd57 is an unknown
Newbie 06 WRX STi owner in Beckley

Hey guys ! Just wanted to let you know that all the WRX's aren't in Morgantown! I live in Beaver, right outside of Beckley. This is my first WRX, but not my first Subaru. I have owned 3 wagons before finding my Black Mamba ( that's what I call her ). I always thought that Impreza's were butt-ugly ! I took my 04 LL Bean Outback to my local dealer to get an inspection sticker, and when I walked in the showroom and saw this car, I started walking in circles around it. After going around it about 50 times, I fell in love. And I hadn't even driven it. After driving it around here on some curvy roads, I fell more in love. This car never ceases to amaze me ! I'm told that there is a blue WRX around here, but I haven't seen it.

I wouldn't mind coming to Morgantown, but I don't know why we all couldn't get together in Charleston or somewhere more central in the state. Let me know. Again, I want to say Hey to you guys up north, and I look forward to meeting you guys.
Okey Robinson and Black Mamba
post #7 of 9 Old 04-26-2006, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Vew

The reason we have them up here is because since we have the university here, it makes it easy to gather all the college students and the locals and there's a bunch of us. Especially Subarus in general since John Howard Motors makes a killing in this town. Plus, the university has an official Subaru Club called SubiSpeed.

Anyways, it'd be cool to meet ya sometime. We had an excellent turn out last time. Refering link here Photos from our local meet Charleston is quite far to be traveling with classes and college budget. Although, I admit I did it every weekend for 5 months when I did my co-op.

Anyways, our next meet is this Friday. Refering link here. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990688 It will be a small one, and I actually wasn't going to have it... but after the request of a few, I'm organizing one last one for the school year.

There are quite a few down where you are. There's an AutoX at Riverside Highschool in Belle, WV every 3rd Sunday of the month hosted by swvrscca.org. Atleast 3-4 WRXs usually show up. One of my friends here lives in Charleston (white 04 wrx looks like an STi), and in Summerville (white WRX 04 w/ FMIC).

Jon
RIP Colin McRae
post #8 of 9 Old 06-16-2006, 12:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

GoldenWRX is an unknown
Hello from Clarksburg, just wondering when you guys meet in MoTown. I'd like to come check you guys out and get some tips. I have a '02 WRX and would be very interested in checking out your guys' rides! Email me at ccboy37373@hotmail.com or post reply for more details. Thanks
post #9 of 9 Old 07-05-2006, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Vew

No meets until the fall when WVU students are back. Most of our WRX crew is home for the summer. I'll keep you updated. Sorry for the late reply; the regional part of these forums isn't as active as some of the other one's I'm on.

Jon
RIP Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement